Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 with CLOMID!!! Looking for Cycle Buddies!!

View Full Post

Hey ya'll my name is Stacey and I am 30 years old and have been married to the love of my life for almost 6 years!! I have PCOS and we have never conceived. I also recently lost 60 lbs which you could find on my youtube channel (it follows both my weight loss and TTC journey)! http://www.youtube.com/LifeWithStaceyD . I am so excited that this is our first time TTC with clomid! I am on Cycle day 3 and just took my first 50mg clomid!!! Let's all be friends and share our experiences this month!!!!

282 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 282 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!

millbarnett--> I rarely see any side effects until a few days prior to O and then the entire time afterwards. This time around I've had heartburn, which I also had last cycle. And I was also one of those ladies who got lucky on the 1st cycle when I got pregnant with my son--not so this time. I'm on cycle #4 of 50 mg.

Shelob--> Have you always had difficulties getting DH to or is it simply because of y'all rotten luck in the TTC department? Hope he's ecstatic for both of you!

Well, temping is a thing of the past considering my kiddo has decided that he needs to get up at night to eat again. He's gotta be going through a growth spurt for him to stop sleeping through the night. Which isn't really a big deal, but you have to be in bed not moving for at least 2-3 hours to get a somewhat accurate temp...which I never can anymore. So I'm going to have to rely solely on OPKs this cycle, but I have to admit--I'm not overly excited about this one. I'm still hopeful, but it's not consuming my whole life like it has done in the previous cycles. I'm feeling very blah about the whole process this month. I should O either Sunday or Monday, so I suppose DH and I will make use of the empty house this weekend while my Mom visits my aunt.

Linda

10 years ago

I've been patiently waiting to start testing for O as they said to wait 5 days after the last pill which I took 4-8...... I have however been checking my cm and there is loads of lotiony stuff which I usually don't see a lot of before O, usually after O is when I see all that :-( could I have missed it... I'm only cd 13 today and was planning to start testing with opks today.... I'm trying not ti be too stressed but its hard! Don't know what's gonna happen this cycle and it freaks me out!

Mill

9 years ago

I'd start testing tomorrow! Since starting Clomid (2-6) I've had one O on CD 14, the next two were on CD 13! Make sure you use mid-morning or afternoon pee though! FMU doesn't have the right concentration of LH in it!

AFM: Not much to report. Picked up my prescription for Zoloft (25 mg) to try to help with the PMDD. I'm so hopeful that it works! And I'm not worried about taking it during TTC because it was prescribed my an OB who knows I'm TTC! Has anyone noticed that the O cramps get worse every single month on Clomid? This month they were terrible, and I had them off and on for a week leading up to O, which I usually never have. Today is 1 dpo, so hopefully I get my bfp. I'm not holding my breath. My opk went from stark white to a glaring + overnight, so DH and I didn't get the chance to except for once the day I got my + and once the night after. I know anything's possible (Shelob proved that much! ) but I'm just trying not to get my hopes up!

Linda

9 years ago

Yep, anything's possible :) That sound like good timing for you though, two of the most fertile days!! And to answer your previous question, both my husband and I don't have huge sex drives so we have to work really really hard to make it happen when it needs to. Left to ourselves we would be once a week people, but that certainly doesn't help TTC! We have managed to time things well pretty much every month though so I am not too worried about that.

With the cramping I didn't find it necessarily got worse each month, but some were WAY worse than others so I think it can vary. I didn't like having trouble standing up I was in so much pain!

This pregnancy thing is interesting. I have been feeling sick all day long since 5 weeks 6 days. It is not a fun experience. No vomiting (but I have only vomited ~10 times my entire life (that I can recall) so pretty strong stomach generally! I am finding it harder than I thought I would. Then I found out yesterday why this is - my hCG was an amazing 44,700 at 6 weeks!!!! that is 10 times higher than this stage with my last pregnancy, so I have much better hopes this time round!! They aren't going to do another one, don't seem worried about doing anything more as there seems to be nothing wrong with this pregnancy so far. Long may that continue! What were your experiences like 2Frsty?

9 years ago

Shelob--> I was amazingly able to avoid morning sickness almost the entire pregnancy, but I also have a cast iron stomach! But I also had very high levels of hCg. At 5w3d my levels were 33,000 and 2 days later they were at 44,000! I'd definitely take that as a great sign! I did find that my prenatal vitamins were the only thing that would make me queasy--it was the iron in it. I switched from vitamin to vitamin, and finally had to settle on Flintstone's gummy vitamins. I took 2x the child's dosage, and my OB was satisfied. It didn't help that the sight and/or smell of red meat turned my stomach for about 14 weeks, so getting enough iron was hard. You usually won't have any trouble with iron til the 2nd trimester though, so if you DO end up switching to a vitamin with no iron, you should be fine! Sounds like you've got a healthy bub in there! Sending a to you my dear!

Linda

9 years ago

I am feeling horrible now. Urgh. I hate feeling sick all day long every day! I know, I shouldn't moan and I always said I would just be thankful, but I can't believe how hard it is to function like this. It is getting worse and I am not yet 7 weeks! I must say I would be far more worried if I felt fine though. I have started taking the multivitamin every second day and just taking folic acid and iodine on the other days to try and help my stomach. I also can't stomach meat of any variety at the moment. I love rare steaks but I don't like dry steak, which it has to be at the moment! Basically I am eating heaps of fruit and vegetables, wedges and scrambled eggs. I miss the nice sushi that I had a few days before I discovered I was pregnant... Can't stomach any breakfast (dry crackers before getting out of bed though). My iron in my first test was good so hopefully will be okay.

Thanks for the good wishes. It means a lot, especially when none of my friends or family know yet!!! And thanks for sharing your experiences. I will be praying for success for you too!!!

9 years ago

I did an opk on cd 14 in the early afternoon and there was a line, but not quite positive... took another one around 6 pm and was definately positive.... Took another one cd 15 early at 5 am and it was still positive... by 11 it was completely negative.... I felt kinda yucky and bloated all day cd15, but no major I know I'm ovulating right at this moment feelings... cd 16 is here and my cm is very lotiony, so I'm guessing O had to be cd15? My work schedule has been so crazee so I gave up on the bbt... did take my temo this morning though and it was 98.20 I have never had that high of a temp, does that mean it may be doing what its suppose to do? I am gonna be so anxious these next couple weeks.... I think I have my basis covered, bd'd cd 13, 15, and plan to go tonight just is case! We shall see what this cycle brings! Oh, I aslo used preseed for the first time this month!

Mill

9 years ago

Sounds like you timed it right for BDing! There is no way to tell for sure exactly when you ovulated without the temping, though it sounds like from your cm you probably have. I have had cycles where I O'd the day of the positive, the day after (most common) and even two days after. Try not to be anxious! What happens happens and it is all just a stats game!

9 years ago

millbarnett--> Shelob is right. Try not to make yourself crazy, although easier said than done! It sounds like you've done everything right, so try to keep busy, as that seems to be the only way I can keep from being a crazy lady during the TWW.

Shelob--> How are you feeling, love? I'm hoping that the ms has eased up a bit.

AFM: 5 dpo today. Hard to believe it's already been 5 days, but sure enough! The 25 mg of Zoloft has done WONDERS for my PMDD! I still have breakthrough anger (like when my kid decided midnight last night was playtime for 2 freaking hours) but all in all, it's been a miracle drug for me! Not sure if I should continue it after AF shows, or during the TWW. I don't like anti-depressants, so the thought of taking it every day from here til menopause is appalling! I'm usually an avid 7 dpo POAS addict, but I'm hoping that the weekend will help keep me occupied.

Linda

9 years ago

Actually I am a bit worried. I had a light bleed at 4am after a little uterus cramping. I am waiting to ring my midwife. Lots of women seem to have them and be okay but of course having experienced the worst it wouldn't surprise me to go down that route too. Maybe an early scan might show things okay... We are SOOO thankful we haven't told anyone about the pregnancy yet.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo