Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 with CLOMID!!! Looking for Cycle Buddies!!

View Full Post

Hey ya'll my name is Stacey and I am 30 years old and have been married to the love of my life for almost 6 years!! I have PCOS and we have never conceived. I also recently lost 60 lbs which you could find on my youtube channel (it follows both my weight loss and TTC journey)! http://www.youtube.com/LifeWithStaceyD . I am so excited that this is our first time TTC with clomid! I am on Cycle day 3 and just took my first 50mg clomid!!! Let's all be friends and share our experiences this month!!!!

282 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 282 Replies | Last Page

Grrr....I am so sick of evap lines and indents! I've tossed all of the tests except the one with the darkest blue line. I've taken almost a dozen more, and they all come up either stark white or with an evap. It's almost devastating! For the past 2 days the only time I've POAS is using FMU, and still nothing. I'm 13 dpo today. Surely if I were going to come up positive I would've seen something come up (even if it is faint) within the time limit without having to hold my tongue just right, shine a flashlight behind the test, and stand on my head! Is that too much to ask?!

Linda

10 years ago

Well, I started spotting tonight. Like, it's so light that if I wasn't wearing a while pad I'd never even see it. Looks like is gearing up for her appearance tomorrow right on schedule. Well, that sucks. I keep trying to convince myself that people get spotting all the time and that I'll wake up to a beautiful but I know it's not going to happen. Hope everyone's feeling alright and that morning sickness hasn't gotten the best of all of you!

Linda

10 years ago

Oh so sorry to hear that 2Frsty :( I really wanted all of us to be pregnant now!!!!!

I haven't got full blown morning sickness yet (only 4 weeks 4 days!) but mornings are interesting. I get intense painful hunger pangs first thing in the morning that make me unable to lie in bed. I feel like if I don't eat my stomach will digest itself, and it does make me feel almost nauseous when I am that hungry. Might sound stupid but I will be SOOO excited if I get really sick int he morning because then I will know things are progressing well.

10 years ago

Just wanting some feedback? I was prescribed clomid and read so many horror stories. ... I ovulate on my own, but she thinks the clomid could help with a stronger O.... my hubby hasn't been tested yet but I don't think he's quite ready yet as we've only been trying 9 months! Will it mess up my normal cycle? Will my cm disappear? I dont want my chances to go down bc I'm taking clomid!

Mill

10 years ago

millbarnett--> I've never had any trouble with the Clomid except that it turns me into a raging bitch! But that's the progesterone! It tends to do that to a lot of women. I have PCOS, so "dryness" is a part of life for me, so I've never noticed any cm changes. I would recommend using PreSeed (sperm friendly lube) just to be sure! I'm not a fan of lubes personally (they always feel super sticky) but this stuff is GREAT! Totally worth the money! I like it so much, DH and I use it even when I'm NOT fertile!

So, has definitely showed up, but it's WAY lighter than usual. The timing was right on (CD 29 as usual) but it's more a pinky, dingy brown than the bright red as usual; On CD1 I usually go through a tampon an hour...I've only needed 3 pads all day, and they've not been full when I changed them. Idk what's going on...

Linda

10 years ago

millbarnett I would definitely recommend getting a sperm analysis done before going onto clomid. We did 7 cycles of it before finding out that my husband's sperm had deteriorated to the point we needed IVF/ICSI. So those 7 cycles were a complete waste of time. You can't have more than 12 cycles of clomid in your lifetime due to the increased risk of cancer. You certainly don't want to do more clomid than you need, and want to maximise your chances when you are taking it. As for side effects I was fine on it. When my dose was increased to 100mg I had really bad ovulation cramping but I took it as a good sign.

2Frsty have you taken another pregnancy test just to be sure? That is frustrating that it isn't clear cut.

bella83 and Firsttimemommy30 how are you doing? I am still having hunger pangs intermittently, sore breasts and slightly unhappy bowels. each day is feeling like a LOOONG time waiting to get to the point where we would feel confident about the pregnancy. Still, it is already heaps different than last time so that is good!

10 years ago

I think were gonna try the in home sperm test from walgreens first... I have a script from the dr for a semen analysis, and I think we may try that next month... I'm gonna go ahead with the first month of clomid and use preeseed for the first time... If nothing then, I'm sure he'll be more than ready do the test! The analysis is so expensive and I don't think insurance will cover it. :-/

Mill

10 years ago

I've never had any trouble getting insurance to pay for the test. It's much cheaper for the man to get tested than it is for all of the testing for us!

AF showed up heavily this morning. Also, heard back about my prolactin and progesterone test done last cycle, and it showed thatI did in fact ovulate, so that's good. Oh wel...onto the next cycle I guess...

Linda

10 years ago

Sorry again about the AF 2Frsty :( Good that you have confirmation of ovulation though. I really hope things go better next cycle!!!

Does a clomid cycle not cost for you millbarnett? For us the semen analysis was funded as part of our fertility entitlement but the clomid was not. Clomid itself was subsidised but we will had to pay a prescription fee and we had to pay $55 and $200 per cycle for the blood tests and scans when needed.

Today I got myself a little worried as I have been feeling some sharp stabbing abdominal pains on and off during the day. It is mostly on one side but occasionally a bit on the other. I hope it is just things stretching. Haven't felt this before so it is worrying. But then, it could be perfectly normal. Did either of you get that bella83 or Firsttimemommy30? I will be 5 weeks along tomorrow.

10 years ago

Shelob--> I got LOTS of cramping during weeks 5 & 6 of my pregnancy. It's stretching! I panicked and called the OB but they told me that unless the cramping is accompanied by bleeding, it was completely normal! It also got worse when I would be up and moving around. I remember putting a dresser together with my Mom as a surprise for DH (he'd gone out with friends) and I kept having to stop because the cramping would get worse and I was terrified I was going to lose the baby! Turns out I was completely fine and so was DS!!

AFM: Day 2 of Clomid. Been trying to be supportive for my friend. She went for a scan of her ovaries to check on a cyst. She overheard the ultrasound person and a student nurse talking about the results. The said she has a cyst on her cervix, and a mass in her uterus; they said she's infertile. Her and her DH have been trying for a baby since December when they got married. She's got a 5 year old daughter from her 1st marriage, but her DH has no kids. He's in the Army with my DH and they're both in the field right now, and can't come home. So I'm trying to be comforting without over stepping my boundaries! I told her not to count herself as infertile until she hears it from an OB, and even then I'd ask for a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

Linda

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo