Community post

Discussion

TWW- 1dpo

View Full Post

Day 1 of the loooongest 2 weeks ever...just wondering if anyone else is at the beginning of their 2 weeks and would like to go through it together :)

260 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 260 Replies | Last Page

Tomorrow is exactly one month since my miscarriage. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. Not that we were necessarily trying but we weren't using protection either. I started reading a lot online after the miscarriage. I kept reading about women getting pregnant and having healthy babies right after a miscarriage without having a period so, I was kind of hoping that might happen to us. So we're either going to test in a couple more days or maybe next week or AF will show in the mean time. The miscarriage didn't bother me much at first but, I think it's starting to. I think I just distanced myself from the feelings at first because I felt like something wasn't right almost from the start. I didn't think I was feeling how I should considering I was pregnant. I looked up information on things that could go wrong, especially miscarriage all the time. So, I feel like I knew something was wrong before I actually knew, ya know. I don't know I sound kind of crazy reading over my post lol. I think what upsets me most is that time frame you start to plan your life around like by this date I'll be this many weeks or this many months...by summer I'll be half way to meeting my baby that kind of thing. I think when October comes around it's going to be hard. Even now I'm thinking I would have been in the "clear" i.e. 12 weeks this coming Monday. Even though 12 weeks doesn't necessarily mean your baby is safe but, it's one of those milestones that can make you feel better. Knowing you're that much closer to meeting your beautiful baby. Anyways, the reason I orginally intended to post was to update you. I had bloodwork done after the miscarriage and they discovered I have a gene mutation called NTHFR. From what I understand the doctors office said that they think I have a clotting problem and may need to be put on blood thinners to be able to carry successfully but, they are not sure if it's actually a clotting problem or something else. So, I have an appointment with a hematologist scheduled for the 31st so hopefully we'll know more then. We're scared to know there's something that may be holding us back but, at the same time I feel a little better knowing that the miscarriage wasn't my fault too.

So, now that I've blabbed long enough how are all my ladies doing? Very good I hope!

10 years ago

I'm sorry you have to go thru this but knowing could be the first step to fixing any problem there may be so can meet your beautiful little one. It will happen just keep the faith.

I decided to go see my dr since I have been trying for almost a year with no results and turns out she was having the same concerns as me. So she is sending me to see someone so we can begin the journey of finding out why I haven't conceived yet. Appointment is on april 3rd. I will keep you all updated and in my thoughts. I just love this little support group we have here

How is everyone out there?

10 years ago

ashley , ik exactly how u feel , this was my story almost to a t , iknew something was wrong the whole time but my old ob said everything was fine , it was hard 4 me because i m/c at 12 weeks but didnt m/c till i was 16w meaning i didnt know because i didnt bleed till 16w and dec was my due date and that was a hard month but we ended up preggers january , i think my body needed the time to heal and my mind needed it tooo , i had alot of prego friends and my niece was due the day after me , i hated every1 4 about 6 months , the emotional pain came and went a few times , it will work out , ur not crazy to feel the way u do but i did find looking online helped and was bad at the same time , i went to dr yesterday and herd the babys heart beat 164 a min but after i was having pains and im at the 11w mark so i got a lil freaked out but it stopped and i still have some symptoms like i get sick when im hungry and my boobs hurt so i really hope it was nothing but i get my u/s for gen testing on the 3rd of april , i dont think that will help alot but some cuz like u said 12w dont mean ur safe we both know that , its really hard and im trying to stay positive but i keep fighting with my hubby , some is his fault and some mine but he is not very considerite and i wanna kick him in the face lol , i pray 4 u that ur time will be soon and that ur body is ready to carry full term , gl sending my love

10 years ago

and gl mrs. bishoff ..

10 years ago

Hey my girls! I've missed you all. It is also almost a month since my miscarriage and omg what an emotional roller coaster I've been on!!! The first dose of cycle (2 doses) of cytotec did not get rid of all the tissue. Let's say barely even though that first 24 hours I felt a lot coming out. Next round came a week later and still had a lot of bleeding super heavy like opening your kitchen faucet so called ob and told me to leave work and go to ER. Ugh went and was there getting bloodwork, utlrasounds and IV for about 5 hours. They told me the bleeding was subsiding so went home and rested for 3 days. Nurse calls the following day saying I'm anemic and to rest and get iron pills. Let's just say I JUST stopped bleeding. Nites tend to get rough for me since my mind starts to think a lot. This has also taken a toll on hubby although he was supportive he's scared to try again because he doesn't want me to go thru this again. We'll see when we'll try again.

Hopefully we'll get our babies soon. Ashley your post made me cry. Guess I'm still emotional!

MrsBishoff...I'll be praying for you.
Mama -yippee! Everything will be fine!

Glad to be back posting!

DS-8 DD-7 User Image

10 years ago

Thank you MrsBishoff! Thatâ??s very true hopefully theyâ??ll be able to figure out whatâ??s going on so we can have a healthy pregnancy. I hope your doctor can also figure out why you havenâ??t conceived yet. Hopefully it will be something simple and youâ??ll be pregnant before you know it! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Mama I couldnâ??t imagine. I think it would be a lot harder to hear the heart beat and see your baby on the ultrasound. I was at least lucky that it happened before my first ultrasound I donâ??t know that I couldâ??ve handled seeing my baby and then losing it. You are one strong woman! I can understand that my best friend has two beautiful little girls already and my other really close friend is due in May. Sheâ??s got this huge perfect baby belly and just glows. I love her and Iâ??m so happy for her yet, so jealous of her at the same time. Weâ??ll all get there though. Aww I bet that was amazing to see and hear! Itâ??s a lot of stress to deal with especially after a miscarriage and Iâ??m sure that stress is on the both of you making you fight. I believe it will get better though. I donâ??t think a person can ever be the same again after a miscarriage. I was reading yesterday and saw a quote Iâ??m not sure who said it but, I thought it fit the situation perfectly it said, â??Miscarriage robs pregnancy of its innocence.â?? I find that so true. You donâ??t understand it until it happens to you but, once it does you realize how truly precious that little life is. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers Mama Iâ??ll be sending mine your way as well.

Caridura weâ??ve missed you too! Iâ??m so sorry for all of your struggles. That is a horrific experience as if, miscarriage isnâ??t bad enough and then pile all of that on top of it. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Nights are rough I can understand that. Sometimes itâ??d be nice to just shut off your brain for a while and rest without thinking of things that just make you hurt. Your husband sound like a sweet heart being so worried about you. It sounds like youâ??ve got a very loving and supportive man by your side to help you though such a difficult time. Hopefully you can both support each other through this and youâ??ll be ready to try again when the time is right for the both of you. Sorry I made you cry I was feeling very emotional yesterday and poured my sad heart out lol! I will be praying for you. We will get our babies all of us!

10 years ago

im so emotional , it makes me feel so bad the 2 of u have had to go through this , having to get 2 dnc because my 1st ob didnt do it right and making me go through that awake and not doing a u/s to make sure he got it all , i have some idea of what u felt like needing 2 rounds of meds , what a horrable way to let go .. im so very upset , i was so happy we all got our bfp together i really hope both of u get to the bottom of the problem and get one again soon , my new dr said my baby was not growing right by the reports and that im lucky to have not had a baby with physical problems , i would love it either way but people wont and that is harder then loosing a baby , to have a baby that has to live with people looking at it funny and saying things under there breath is no life . i would cry everyday for him or her , i still cry sometimes over the loss , my brother gave me a tattoo of baby feet and a halo on my wrist so i can hold it up to my heart and hug it when i feel sad . ik what i said wont make u feel better now as it did nothing 4 me at first but it helps now , there r so many kids with special needs and kids and adults can be very mean .. nothing helped me at first but having u ladies , u mean so much to me and w/o u i would have gave up , i didnt even move from my bed 4 days and then just cried for months , please dont let ur af discourage u like i did but the crazy part was my off month , we got preggers , we still had sex almost everyday but i did nothing else to take off the pressure , i feel like im rambeling , my heart has so much to say and my head cant remember it all , my love and prayers r with u both

10 years ago

ITS A GIRL , I FINALLY GOT MY GIRL , I HAVE NOT BEEN ON MUCH , I HAVE HAD A HARD TIME WITH A FEW THINGS BUT WANTED TO CHECK UP ON MY LADIES AND SHARE MY NEWS , MISS U ALL

10 years ago

Yay!!!! A beautiful baby girl! What wonderful news! So happy for you!
How far along are you? When is the due date?

Went to the Drs today to get results from ultrasound and blood work. Turns out its PCOS. So we are going to go the Clomid route. Anyone use it before? Any advice?

10 years ago

clomid made me a raging bitch , 16w 5d and due oct 13th , i just had an anmio on thurs because i had a test come back that raised my chance of the baby having downs by half but this u/s my ob said he wasnt to worried , they didnt get a good pic of the neck last time , i pray everything is ok , im sooo excited to finally have a daughter , im happy to hear u figured whats going on in ur body , clomid made me dry also but u can drink alot of water and talk to ur dr if u have a prob , i got preggers on the month after i stopped taking it lol, i hear that happens alot too , not bl but great luck to u , i will keep u informed , keep me informed ...

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo