Community post

Discussion

Mid Month Madness!

View Full Post

Welcome :) this a group dedicated to those who test around the middle of the month!

32yrs old DH 36 TTC #1 TTC since Oct 2011 - diagnosed anovulatory Feb 2013 6th cycle clomiphene Party trick - mood swings par excellence! Located: Palmerston North, NZ User Image

1172 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

231 - 240 of 1172 Replies | Last Page

Oh my goodness. Something terribly embarrassing happened last night.
The bf and I went to dinner with a colleague friend and his wife. They are the only people who kind of know we are ttc because I've talked about it with the wife in May, just before we really started trying and it was this conversation that convinced us to start actively trying.
In the middle of the main course, the colleague asked "so what about the baby? Do you need a manual or something?". My eyes started tearing up and I couldn't speak. I couldn't contain the tears, and I started crying at the table!!! I had to run off to the bathroom, ball my eyes out for a few minutes and then return like nothing happened.
Obviously, my colleague thought he had said something terrible so things had to be explained. I can't believe I cried at this question I have heard a million times! It just came out and I couldn't control it.

Anyway, on a side note.... I had thought that his wife had told me it took them 6 months for their first and then quicker for the second. I completely heard wrong. Their first took a year and a half! The second took 6 months. And she said most of her friends took about a year as well (in their early 30's as well).
I hope it doesn't take us all that long, but it made me feel better.

Also, we are all so lucky to have supportive husbands. Hers was not at all. He was angry with her for trying to plan sex and temping and got really mad after a year and a half when she asked him to go test his sperm. Luckily for her she got pregnant that very month, because I'm not sure he would have done it!

10 years ago

Hi Makiet and wendy! After all the speculation it's a shame to hear you're still trying Makiet! Maybe you'll be right behind your sister anyway and then you can be pregnant together!

Omg divact! That is soooo embarrassing! Did he feel bad? Must have been super awkward to come back to the table! "Do you need a manual" - pretty insensitive stuff from someone who took 1.5yrs to conceive the first time. Obviously just doesn't get it! What did your bf say? Or did he just do the explaining while you sobbed like a crazy ttc lady in the bathroom?!

The sma, baby formula ad was just on tv. The babies on that are so freaking cute. Halloween is actually not the best time for a failed ttcer- so many cute costumed kiddies about. Um... OK quick...affirmation of the day: I like being childfree because um... I could have breakfast out this morning with dh before work since I didn't have to drop anyone off at daycare! And I don't have to pay for daycare.

Me, 31, dh 34 TTC #1 since Feb 2013 I cp in May Ttc mantra: ICs do not count!

10 years ago

It's good to hear from you guys, Wendy & Makiet! Sorry to hear about your sister getting pregnant first, Makiet. Hopefully you will be very soon and you can be pregnant together.

Wow, Divact. I'm so sorry about that! What an insensitive jerk, especially considering their background. It sounds like he still doesn't understand what all goes into TTC.

Yeah, Halloween isn't the best holiday for someone TTC. It also happens to be my BD, so it is a little bittersweet this year. BF is being extra amazing today - made me a 3 layer cake from scratch and is making dinner tonight. And looks to be even cleaning the kitchen after cooking!

Our dog is doing some better now. The first 2 days were no fun - he walked around crying and running into things (has to wear the cone of shame). Now he's feeling a little better, but frustrated because he can't be active. And he keeps barking at us to try to play (he's supposed to rest for 2-3 weeks). Our other dog is not happy that he is getting more attention than her, so she is moping around. They tried to play earlier (despite the fact that he is supposed to be resting) and he ran into her with his cone. She won't go near him now and is hiding. It's going to be a long 2-3 weeks! After all my dog experiences, kids should be a piece of cake, right?

32 years old and BF is 37 TTC #1 Mom to 2 fur kids TTC since June 2013 Diagnosed with perimenopause Location: Colorado, USA

10 years ago

Happy birthday Dogmom! such a cool birthday! So sweet of your bf to bake! Did he get some magic potion in there to make you pregnant? I just wasted a few happy minutes on today's google doodle- did you see?

Love cute dog stories! Poor thing. Is he a small or a big dog?

Me, 31, dh 34 TTC #1 since Feb 2013 I cp in May Ttc mantra: ICs do not count!

10 years ago

Thanks, so impatient! A magic potion in the cake would be an awesome gift. I haven't seen the Google doodle yet - looking it up now. The one that had surgery is 45 lbs. The other one is 65 lbs, so both are medium-ish. I think they feel a little small, but people who aren't used to dogs think they are huge.

32 years old and BF is 37 TTC #1 Mom to 2 fur kids TTC since June 2013 Diagnosed with perimenopause Location: Colorado, USA

10 years ago

Happy Birthday Dogmom hope u had a great Bday.

Sorry about ur bfn Makiet I was hoping that u and Wendy got bfps. It's hard when family members get a bfp u feel so happy for them but at the same time u just get so upset coz it isn't u who got the bfp.

Divact that guy sounds so horrid I would have went off crying as well. He sounds like a jerk.

27 years old and DH is 27 years oldDS 6 months oldTTC #2 Diagnosed with PCOS DH low sperm count <a href=

10 years ago

Happy Birthday Dogmom!! Hope this is your lucky year.

Thanks guys for all the hugs and support, just waiting for AF to show her ugly face. Should start Sunday. It is really just so difficult because I am so happy for my sis and I can hear she also feals bad because she is and I'm not.

Divact, I can't believe anyone could be that insensitive, but sounds like he was pretty insensitive to his own wife while they where ttc. So just be glad you are not the one married to him!

10 years ago

Happy Birthday dogmom .

Sorry that you got a BFN Makiet. I know that you are happy for your sister, but it is sad that its not you yet. Hopefully it will be you too soon and then your kids can grow up together.

Wendy. Good to see you around again, really hoped that you had a bfp already.

Divact, he sounds like an ass. Sorry that he made you cry. TTC is so hard sometimes

So BFN with Digi this morning 12 dpo. If I was pregnant I think it would have shown. I am just an emotional mess today, Think next month I just want a break from it all. TTC is consuming my life and I hate how sad it is making me. All I want to do today is cry.

10 years ago

Autumn I'm sorry u got a bfn I know how u feel I'm just over this ttc stuff it's consuming my life as well all I seem to do these days is cry.

Dogmom I forgot to say I'm glad ur dog is doing ok, when they need to rest they never do. I have a kelpie and she never seems to rest when she needs to.

So the last 2 days I have been feeling like sh*t I have had nausea on and off today and yesterday. DH and I yesterday more for fun than anything really. Anyway after that I had slight spotting which I haven't had in a long time. And today the nausea feeling has been hitting me on and off and when it does hit I can hardly walk. I'm only what I think is 5dpo but than again I might be more (as I didn't temp or opk this month) so actually have no idea when I o'd. I swear I wish we had something that told us if we are preg or not. It's way too early to be preg signs and I don't wanna cave and test coz I know it's too early and I haven't been symptom spotting but this nausea is something I can't ignore. DH is back at work and I want to cry I'm sick of being emotional about everything these days.

27 years old and DH is 27 years oldDS 6 months oldTTC #2 Diagnosed with PCOS DH low sperm count <a href=

10 years ago

Happy birthday dogmom!!! I'm happy to hear your puppy is ok. I miss having dogs sooo much! We are looking for a bigger place with at least a small yard so that I can get a dog. If I can't be pregnant, at least I can have a puppy!

I got my positive opk today and tons of ewcm. Time to . Oh yeah!

I think we have all been a bit consumed with the whole ttc thing lately. But how can we step back a bit and stop being so obsessed? I'm really trying to figure out how to relax and stop letting this take over my life. I have been so depressed about it as well. I have been so sensitive this month BEfORE ovulating even! Wth? I almost cried at least once a day this month.

I'm kind of glad I'll be in the US for the last week of the tww. May I will find better ways to distract myself.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo