Community post

Discussion

Anyone doing IVF this summer or fall?

View Full Post

I've got a long history with fertility treatments, and will finally be doing my first (and only) IVF in September.

Just wanted to see if there is anyone else out there at this point.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

152 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 152 Replies | Last Page

I started my Lupron last week and as soon as af comes I have an ultrasound the next day to check things out, then start the progesterone and estrogen patches. I am super anxious to get started, having gone through this once before and having it end in miscarriage just makes me terrified it won't work or I'll miscarry again! I guess I just have to focus on the excitement to get by:)

10 years ago

U and me both praying. I am very impatient as well.

Aww, im in southern California. Was kinda hoping u were closer to check out ur dr. But thats good u found a dr u like and will stick w u til the end. Mine will send me on my way at 12 weeks if everything goes good.

Meemer, I wish u good luck, n tell them to up the dosage on ur anesthesia. But curious on a scale 1-10 how much pain was it?.

Who else is taking doxycycline?? I took it for a couple days but after reading up on it, I personally wont take it again unless I have anthrax. Its category D meaning they have proof it affects ur baby while pregnant. I even read that u should take precaution when trying or planning on getting pregnant soon. I just think this is an odd choice of antibiotic fertility drs would use. Idk maybe the hippie in me is just trying to come out. Lol.

10 years ago

I didn't think the egg retrieval was that bad, they didn't put me under just used moderate sedation. They also just gave me a one time dose of iv antibiotics, I am a nurse and would think that is sufficient, they shouldn't have to keep you on it any longer.
Af started today and I have an ultrasound tomorrow so we can get this show in the road!

10 years ago

Maybe cuz u have high tolerance for pain? So wait, are u paying for anesthesia or such? They told me they would knock me out n im paying for the operating room n anesthesia.

10 years ago

Nope my dr does the retrieval in his office. So my whole first ivf was only $3,000. It was painful at first but not too bad maybe a 5 on 1-10 scale. Then I was sore for about a day.

10 years ago

Dang, u did luck out!!!! My ivf is 4200 cuz its the mini, plus 1500 for operating room and 500 for anesthesia. Not including 1500 icsi which is needed or meds or anything else.

10 years ago

I wish everyone would make it cheaper or more insurance would cover it. That $3000 didn't include meds.

10 years ago

WOW u guys are getting DEALS!! mine is like 7,000 and something and that doesn't include medications or monitoring labs or ultrasounds doesn't include testing and sperm freezing or the mock ET which that and the sperm freeze combined is costing a small fortune of 700 .... Insurances need to be made and forced to better cover Infertility.... Its a medical condition!!!... but its not life threatining so they don't have to cover one penny of it... its dumb and unfair. it makes it hard for a young couple to start a family when u have to have so much money saved up to even attempt to get pregnant

10 years ago

Exactly praying!!!!

10 years ago

I completely agree, it is ridiculous how much everything costs, especially when a majority of people get pregnant for free!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo