Community post

Discussion

Anyone doing IVF this summer or fall?

View Full Post

I've got a long history with fertility treatments, and will finally be doing my first (and only) IVF in September.

Just wanted to see if there is anyone else out there at this point.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

152 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 152 Replies | Last Page

hey ladies!!! i had my ultrasound yesterday on Thursday 10/17/13 i had FINALLY got my period on Wednesday night 10/16/13 i was surprised cuz i had given up on it ever arriving! after my ultrasound my nurse said everything is good so on saturday 10/19/13 i will start my injections of the follistim and menopur and a lower dose of lupron. and on monday 10/21/13 i will get my blood drawn and another ultrasound. :) as well as ultrasounds and blood work on thursday and Saturday too. Glad to get this thing on the road!!

10 years ago

Yay prayin

10 years ago

Kitten, I am sorry that you are having a hard time with the shots. They do kind of stink, my butt is always pretty sore too. Are you doing them yourself or is you significant other doing them? You can try icing you butt before to numb it, then make sure you massage it in and if you heat it afterward it helps with absorption. My fresh cycle I was on 1 cc, for this cycle I am on 2 cc at a time so I can totally relate.
Prayin, I am so excited for you that you finally got going! All the waiting and hoping seems to be the hardest part of what we are going through. Make sure you let us know how things are going, I need anything to distract me during my TWW!

10 years ago

Got the phone call at work n wanted to scream w excitement. Im getting my transfer tmrw at 530 in the morning. Yayayayayayayayayheheeheehehhahahhahah I just hope I can sleep tonite, I only got like 2 hrs the nite b4 my retrieval.

And I do ice b4 the shots, its just the pain is constant. Still feel shot #1(im on #3 today). Is that normal??? I have an awesome bruise from it. How long do I have to continue the progesterone? I figured til a bfp? Oh n my bf is giving me all my shots.

10 years ago

Kitten
how exciting ... and to my understanding you will have to continue your progesterone though your bpf and until your doctor says you can stop .. .the progesterone is super important it helps you to "keep" the baby essentially
but here is also vaginal suppositorys or a gel you can get if the shots are so bad... i would talk to your doctor about your options

10 years ago

Yay for your transfer, I'll be thinking of you! I've got bruises too I am on like day 9 of mine and I am sorry to tell you they don't get much better. I am also sorry to tell you they usually continue until the 12th to 15th week of pregnancy! When I miscarried at 11 weeks with my fresh cycle I had just started weaning off them. Other than my distress over losing the pregnancy I was also very bummed to have to do 12 weeks of those shots again.

10 years ago

Unfortunately Prayin, the shots are the most reliable way to get the most amount of progesterone.

10 years ago

Ill have to ask my doctor if thats true cuz i can't imagine they have that as an option if its less then effective.

10 years ago

It is an option they usually use for iui's or if you just don't have enough progesterone of your own after ovulation. Sometimes they even use the suppositories with the shots if you need even more
I am a registered nurse and I am pretty sure that more gets absorbed with the injections. The problem with ivf is you don't actually ovulate and the suck out the corpus luteum with the egg retrieval. Which is where you would usually get at least a little of your own progesterone.
I am not saying don't ask though, becuase if that shots are that miserable then maybe your dr will let you try something else.

10 years ago

Wow I was expecting for a couple weeks not 12. Do u think I could take it in the thigh or lower buttocks? I think that one muscle is kaputt. Lol.

I have the suppositories, they said ill start those after transfer.

I went online looking to boost progesterone, it said nuts n seeds, green leafy veggies, tomatoes n avocado, meat, whole grains, vit c and eggs. Which I thought dairy helped estrogen, so idk. Which I filled up the day b4 retrieval but hadnt really had a chance to keep eating my pumpkin seeds. Lol

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo