Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Hoping for some summer bfps!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!!

Lets start things off as usual.... with an introduction/update!

My name is Joy
DH and I are both 29
we've been together just over 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but hope to soon be a stay at home mom

I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby

I got a BFP on June 30th 2011
Had a missed m/c on Aug 18th 2011
Since then I have been rushed to the hospital 3 times for excessive bleeding (once via ambulance cause I passed out)
I have had 2 emergency D&C's, 2 Folley Ballooons, 3 blood transfusions of 2 bags each, & a Hysteroscopey. (Not to be confused with a "HysterECTAMY")

I Finally got back to TTC in Jan/Feb 2012 and on March 21st I got my BFP!
I am currently 14 weeks 3 days pregnant!
My first ob/gyn apt was Wed April 4th 2012
He put me on progestrone and asked to see me in 2 weeks
My next apts were April 19th 2012 & May 3rd
At our May 3rd apt (at 9 weeks5 days) we heard the best sound ever - our little one's heartbeat!!
We went for our 1st non-diagnostic u/s on May 15th and saw our little ones heartbeat & he or she was VERY active!
Had another dr apt on May 22nd and heard the heartbeat again!
Next apt is June 21st... my diagnostic u/s is July 13th
We will be going for a non-diagnostic u/s around the end of June/Beginning of July so dh can see our little peanut before he leaves on his trip.
My due date is Dec 1st 2012!

This is truly an amazing group of ladies & I really hope our string of luck (& bfps) continues!! ladies!

xx
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

296 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 296 Replies | Last Page

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Krunchie, that stinks that you got sick on your vaca! I hope your feeling much better by now and are able to do some exciting things!

Joy, Good luck with the cleaning! When it gets nice out it is hard for me to keep up with the housework because it kills me to not be outside enjoying it. We have enough cold crappy days here that I want to make the most of the nice ones!

Caitlyn, Your signs sound good to me! Although I have never been pregnant before, but they sound like what they should! I hope af stays away for you!

Elle, I hear ya on the POAS phobia. After three years of BFN's its still hard to stay positive and imagine that the next test I take will be a BFP.

AFM, Doggie is doing GREAT! I can't believe the progress she is making! Only hinderance to her now is that our house is mostly hardwood or tile floors. She slips and slides all over the place and it's hard for her to get to standing on them. But our family room does have carpet so we have been exercising her in there when we can't get outside.

I had my fifth ultrasound for this cycle this morning. I started taking the gonal f and lupron on 6/26 and although it took a little bit longer than they though to get my ovaries stimulated, we are where we need to be to have the IUI procedure done on Monday! There are four healthy follicles (17.83, 15.86, 15.72, & 18.18 + a smaller one at 14.7) so I will trigger sunday night for the IUI monday afternoon. I am a little worried that they will all fertilize but then again I feel the "go big or go home" attitude in me welling up! I am so hopeful for this cycle that I named the four eggs hoping that things will actually work out for us! LOL Call me crazy but if nothing else works, maybe calling them by name will!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Bumble - Yay for 4 healthy folicles!! Love your attitude of "Go big or go home"!! Hopefully naming them will help things along!!

Glad to hear your pup is doing so well!! Sounds like she is healing and recouperating much faster than the drs expected!!

AFM - Finally got dh to discuss names for our little guy... I love the first name we chose, and I compromised and gave in to dh's choice of a middle name - he wanted to name baby after his hero, "John Shepard". So we decided on Logan Shepard

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

bumble - woop at the stimulated ovaries and 4 follicles! I am with you on the 'go big or go home' thing I realized in bed last night no matter what I'm probably going to get put on clomid or something similar to make me ovulate even if I am ovulating on my own I don't until 3/4 weeks into the cycle when the womb lining is all old and crappy so the drugs would hopefully make me ovulate sooner. Anyway there is a chance of releasing more than 1 egg and I already have a family history of Twins but I figure I get pregnant with multiples I have multiples lol I just wish AF would show so I can have my HSG test and see if my old tubes are good to go. Good luck getting those eggos preggo! (hehe)
joy - my youngest Nephew is named Logan! haha be prepared for a lot of people asking if you like Xmen, my Sister gets that all the time. Wow your pregnancy is going fast :o

AFM, still no AF. I tested yesterday with my second clearblue digital and got another "not pregnant" I am now on day 44/45. BIG SIGH! I just want AF to show up already. I thought about doing a standard 2 line test but saw someone on here with digi BFP at 11dpo so I think it's a pretty sensitive test. Boo!

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Good morning ladies! I have been staying away lately to relax and catch a breather from the stress of ttc. Just popping in for a quick moment to tell all you ttc-ers good luck and stay positive!

AFM I had my HSG test 2 weeks ago and my remaining tube is clear. Very, very happy to hear good news. The procedure itself wasn't too painful, extremely uncomfortable and made worse by the male radiologist. Women should be doing these tests, not men. No sympathy whatsoever, wouldn't let my husband in until the very end, and waited for husband to come before injecting the dye even though I was telling him to get it over with as I was in pain. Thank goodness I had a female nurse.

So we are just taking a relaxed approach these next few months, hoping it will happen when it's meant to happen.

Lindsay

11 years ago

Jackson, I too do not understand why they don't have more female radiologists do the HSG test! When I had mine done I was lucky to have a female nurse with us. My husband didn't go with me cause he had to work so I was there alone anyways. Plus my fertility clinic doesn't allow the significant other in the room at all. I'm glad to her your tube is open! Good luck!

Joy, Such a cute name! How wonderful you can now call him by a name. Yay!

elle, My husband has identical twins in his family too! Which makes this whole thing that much more crazy.

AFM, I've been trolling over this multiple possibility a lot since friday. I have herd conflicting stories on which side the twins gene comes from too. The twins are on his dad's side of the family, both of his parents had twins in their immediate family. (Hubby's grandmothers brothers & his grandfather was a twin) There haven't been twins in the family since then, our kids and their cousins would be the third generation from the last twins. DH and I have been pretty unlucky in life (not to say that twins would be considered unlucky per se to us, but just our luck!) So I am afraid any one of those four healthy follicles could decided to end up as identical twins. Not likely, I know. But the risk is still there. The nurse that did my US yesterday asked me if I was comfortable with reduction basically and I was a little mad at her! If there was a severe health risk, then maybe but why even bring it up unless there is one? After all this time and work we've done to get to this point, why would I even be thinking about that!?! We've even discussed what kind of vehicle we would need, LOL! DH got tricked into helping his friend from HS move today and they have a suburban (5 kids, all under the age of 6). Well he texted me a picture of the inside of the truck saying SOLD! LOL All the room in there! Too bad we wouldn't be able to afford the gas to get anywhere!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

11 years ago

hi ladies!

bumble - thanks hun! I am so glad we finally have a name - makes it feel more real!
I wouldnt worry about the multipules thing too much... twins run in our family (every other generation on BOTH my side and dh's) and we only ended up with 1. (I planned on having 2 kids.. so with my luck I will get the twins on try #2! haha!) But it's always good to be prepared so glad you know what vehicle to buy!! lol!

Lindsay - Yay for a clear tube!!!! Grr to the stupid male radiologist tho, no sensitivity what so ever. Hope your relaxed approach works and you get a bfp soon!

Elle - Grrr... stupid bfn! Still hoping your bfp is just eluding you & that af will stay away! Wish you could get an answer one way or the other soon though!!

AFM - Had some company earlier and now I am just relaxing on the couch watching movies with my puppy

xx Joy

11 years ago • Post starter

Jackson that's great new on your open tube :)
Bumble what is reduction?
Joy Aww puppy time
me... Still no period. Going to test again tomorrow with first morning urine

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Elle, Reduction is when there is multiple embryos and they somehow remove one or more so you don't end up with as many babies.

11 years ago

I don't mean to bombard this thread but I'm sitting in the fertility clinic waiting room and there at like three kids in here! Am I the only one who would be offended by this? It's like bringing beer to an AA meeting. Do these parents not see how insensitive it is to bring them to a place like this. I understand they may be having problems having a second child or whatever but have they forgotten how painful it was before having that first child? I know everyone has a story so I shouldn't judge but come on now! Lol

11 years ago

hi guys ive been mia due to the BEAUTIFUL weather here in b.c. FINALLY lol. Hope everyone is great!!!

joy I love the name can't wait till december to see some pics of this well deserved little bundle of joy.

as for everone else im sorry but i don't really know whats going on so happy bding to all to need to catch that egg and have patience for those in the tww. and for those where the witch showed her ugly face just keeep on trucking it will happen sooner or later..

AFM according to when af was last she should show by thursday, boobs are sore so im guessing she will be right on time. i am needing to phone the f.s. like today but for some reason im afraid as i now know the tubes are clear i will presume he will put me on some fertility meds and to be honest having multiples scare the shit out of me,as i cannot really even afford 1 let alone 2 or more its a scary thing to think about. im also looming up on 36 yrs of age on july 24th and really keep thinking can i do this, you know be a mom at 36 or 37. im having doubts now and i don't know why,but then i think i have come this far to quit are you effing kidding me kristine, just keep going so thats what im gonna do. im scared but will keep moving forward lol..

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo