Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Hoping for some summer bfps!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!!

Lets start things off as usual.... with an introduction/update!

My name is Joy
DH and I are both 29
we've been together just over 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but hope to soon be a stay at home mom

I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby

I got a BFP on June 30th 2011
Had a missed m/c on Aug 18th 2011
Since then I have been rushed to the hospital 3 times for excessive bleeding (once via ambulance cause I passed out)
I have had 2 emergency D&C's, 2 Folley Ballooons, 3 blood transfusions of 2 bags each, & a Hysteroscopey. (Not to be confused with a "HysterECTAMY")

I Finally got back to TTC in Jan/Feb 2012 and on March 21st I got my BFP!
I am currently 14 weeks 3 days pregnant!
My first ob/gyn apt was Wed April 4th 2012
He put me on progestrone and asked to see me in 2 weeks
My next apts were April 19th 2012 & May 3rd
At our May 3rd apt (at 9 weeks5 days) we heard the best sound ever - our little one's heartbeat!!
We went for our 1st non-diagnostic u/s on May 15th and saw our little ones heartbeat & he or she was VERY active!
Had another dr apt on May 22nd and heard the heartbeat again!
Next apt is June 21st... my diagnostic u/s is July 13th
We will be going for a non-diagnostic u/s around the end of June/Beginning of July so dh can see our little peanut before he leaves on his trip.
My due date is Dec 1st 2012!

This is truly an amazing group of ladies & I really hope our string of luck (& bfps) continues!! ladies!

xx
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

296 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 296 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies,

Joy, Thank you so much!! It was a fantastic birthday. I hope we caught it too - this has been the most I've ever BD'd in a few weeks, LOL, pretty much ever So I definitely gave this month a run for it's money. If it was supposed to be this month, it def will be! Yes, I'm here in Seattle. I'll have to check out the dollar store next time I'm out! Please update us with the sex of your little one! Have you picked out names for either?! Hope DH is feeling well again.

Elle, sorry to hear about the storm. Don't give up on your BFP! It could still happen

I'm like 3 DPO I think. I'll update if anything happens! By the way, is an 11 dayish luteal cycle too short? Or is that pretty normal?

Caitlyn

User Image User Image

11 years ago

hi ladies!

abc123 - Glad you had a great birthday & that you got in some good bding this cycle!! I can't wait to hear some bfp news in a week or so!! As for the lp... 11 days isnt too bad, anything shorter than 10 (I believe) is considered too short.

Elle - LoL, me feeling is that it's a girl as well... though I will be over the moon no matter what! As long as he/she is healthy I am ALL good! Hope you get some answers soon sweetie!

AFM - Oh my such a busy week ahead of me!! Today I am still trying to conquor all this housework that got ignored while dh was ill. Mowed the grass already, cleaned the bathrooms, did more laundry, etc etc. But I still need to dust and vacuum, do even more laundry, and start packing dh's stuff up for his upcoming work trip!

Dh went to work today and found out he actually leaves on Thursday, not Saturday like we had thought! he came home early from work cause he was feeling "off"... he hasnt had a decent night sleep in literally a week so I am thinking (and hoping) that it's just exhaustion. I called the pharmacy today and found out he can take his melatonin (to help him sleep) with the antibiotics he is on, so he should be able to get a good night sleep tonight. thats all he needs! I could use the solo time (lots of housework to do) and we could use the extra $ from this trip, plus dh was really looking forward to going!!

Tomorrow is Canada Day so we're having a family bbq at our place, then Monday we're having some friends over, Tuesday is my non-diagnostic u/s (YAY!!), and then Wednesday is my dr's apt and we'll have to finish up packing that day too, then dh leaves on Thursday! what a whilwind week!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

abc123, anywhere form 10-16 days is normal for a luteal phase

Joy I have been doing my housework too. Enjoy Canada day!

afm - no sign of AF. Kept thinking she'd arrive but no t's lots of CM. It's literally 'running' at times. Will see what tomorrow brings, CD37.

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Hey Guys,

Haven't got much time to reply to everyone right now, but I will try later on once I have caught up with all the news.

We are back from my Dad's and we have found out he has a rare form of cancer called a neuroendocrine tumour, apparently it usually starts in the kidney or pancreas. Dad's tumour is in his liver and spleen, which means more tests to see if it is anywhere else the probability is high apparently, so we are now left waiting again, grrrr. All we have done since we found out is wait, we need answers now, it's so hard!!!!

Back to the waiting game, trust me girls the TWW is nothing compared to this.xxxx

User Image User Image Very Faint 17.08.12 it sticks!!!!!!!

11 years ago

Just1More, that is terrible. My thoughts are with you and your family as you continue to go through this.

Ellie, I hope she stays away!

Joy, Happy Canada day! (Is that what you say? LOL) I hope you and hubby get to enjoy each other before he has to go away! I am excited for you to find out what your having. I feel the same as you, if I ever get pregnant and am able to stay pregnant, I just want a baby in 9 months. I could care less what sex it is! :)

Caitlyn, My lp is usually like 12-ish days. 11 isn't bad. Are you sure it's 11?

AFM, it's been a tough couple of days this way. Our younger dog was chasing a ball Wednesday when she fell down and began yelping in serious pain. After a trip to the closes emergency vet we learned she probably has a suffered from a Fibrocartilaginous Embolic Myelopathy. Basically she had a stroke to her spinal cord and was left with no feeling her in her back legs and tail. The vets said she should be able to walk again within 10-12 weeks with some physical therapy and exercises at home. I know, she's just a dog. But she's my little girl until I give birth to another little girl. I'll admit it, I am one of those crazy Dog-Mom people! And seeing her drag herself around like she does makes me want to fight for her to get better even more!

On the TTC front, no major changes. On CD 7 now. Day 5 of shots. I had an US on Friday, only one follicle starting to grow so they upped my FSH dose and I have to go for more blood work and another US Monday morning. I feel pretty good after being on these meds for 5 days. A bit tired but not too bad. I hope they continue to not affect my daily health and do the friggin trick the first time! I really don't want to be pregnant during the summer so now would be perfect! I told hubby this tonight and his response was "Every month is the perfect month for you to get pregnant." At times I think I am pressuring him into all this crazy baby-making stuff but then he says things like that and I know he wants a babe as much as I do!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

11 years ago

just1more - so sorry about your Dad

bumblebaby - aww your poor dog! I love animals and have a dog myself who is my 'fur baby' lol

AFM, CD37 no AF. My cervix has gone back to high and I am still suffering the heavy CM. Maybe it's super late Ovulation? ah I don't even know anymore. IF my OPK was right and I did Ov I'd be 15dpo today. Giving AF til Friday then I'll test again. I just hope I'm not on for a 60 day + cycle again like in autumn last year.

and ladies!

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Hello all!

Just1more, I'm SO sorry to hear about your father. I'll be praying for you all and please keep us updated. We are here to support each other no matter what is going on! Glad you can be there for him. Stay strong.

Elle, how strange. maybe you're getting lucky this month! for you! Please keep us updated.

Bumble, no, I'm not really sure. I have a 29 day cycle, and I THINK I ovulate on CD 17ish, so I think its about 11-12 days long most cycles. I'm planning to try temping with my next cycle to really find out for sure. I always thought I was exactly 14 days O, but this cycle I watched my ticker and it was more accurate than I was, I'm sure (go figure). I def had mild cramping the day it said I was to O and had LOTS of CM. That puts this month at 11 days luteal phase with my next expected period. I'm SO sorry to hear about your dog! I have 2 large dogs and they're my babies more than anything else. I can't imagine watching them like that. Good luck to you and her and keep us updated.

AFM, I'm about 4 DPO, nothing exciting to report. I've had a great couple of days though and inadvertently have tomorrow off of work! I work through a contract organization for Microsoft and my new contract came up and the stupid company forgot to sign it so Microsoft was like ummm we don't have an agreement for you to work so you can't until they turn it in. Stupid people. I have Wednesday off for the 4th of July. Funny to me: I can't remember who posted that we have "4th of July in the States" but it made me go "there is the 4th of July in EVERY country, only we have a celebration " hehe, anyway.

I am 7-8 days away from AF/any kind of test. Since I want to start temping, do you start the first day of your cycle?

Talk to you soon!

Caitlyn

User Image User Image

11 years ago

CD38 or 39 depending on if I class my 1st day of LMP as the day bleeding/spotting started or the day I had full red flow.
Not really sure on DPO as my OPKs this cycle weren't clear. Might not have even ovulated.
Just waiting for to show with one already I'm not going to be testing unless I go past Friday.
Again, no signs of AF or pregnancy.

11 years ago

morning all, so for the first time in like 2 yrs I honestly have no idea when i o'd or even if i did this month due to the hsg i had on monday. all i know was monday was day 10 of my cycle,and my oing time has been completly wonky for the past 2 cycles, last month i had a 22 day cycle and the month before was 24. so i guess il just chill and wait for the f.s. to call. must say its kind nice not really thinking about things. usually i can pinpoint o time by pains and cramps and sore boobies but nothing really yet, and its supposedly day 18 oh well heres to waiting for af to show and hopefully some ggod news when the doc phones.

11 years ago

Expecting to expect: I just about lost all sense of control when reading you're introduction to this forum. So happy you have a healthy strong little sprout in the making!! I wish you and you're hubby the very best!! I am 27 and my husband and I trying for #1, 9dpo! I have every symptoms under the moon, the all tend to be confused with AF :( Except for the gas (eeeww). Really hope to get an early Birthday gift with a positive result!! I can test on July 7th and my bday is on the 9th......Wish me luck!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo