Community post

Discussion

IVF in 2018

View Full Post

I just wanted to start a group to discuss this topic. I am beginning my IVF journey this month and looking for others in the same boat.

16 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 16 of 16 Replies

Smartbaby, any news.. just wanted to check in!

6 years ago

Hey ladies! I am actually beyond you all and am pregnant with twins from my FET in December. I can tell you it's a long process but I have a 3yr old from IVF in June 2013. I can answer a lot of questions if you need to PM me. My most recent IVF was November and we retrieved 23 eggs! However, of those 23 eggs only 3 made it to be frozen and I was devastated. So I wanted to address that right away, we were frustrated because we'd been transferring one egg at a time until I got those results and I was so upset and just felt like giving up because holy cow! 23 eggs and they only got 3?! Well we said screw it, let's transfer 2 this time because CLEARLY something is wrong with my eggs too and I'm just tired. We had transferred two and got my son so I figured maybe I just needed to do that again. Wellllll both took. SO! I am just saying, don't let the count or grades get you down. Like a nurse told me, she is sad when people get 23 eggs and then end up pregnant because then she has to have the remaining eggs destroyed. We are done with kids after these twins, that means of those 23 eggs, we only have to destroy one. It's easier on my heart than if I had 22 or 21 eggs to destroy. Anyway, I just hope I can shed some light at all. I've been doing this a while so I can give a lot of answers on whats to come too.

User image

6 years ago

Thanks Coelh.. so good to hear about your experience. I am waiting for my FET in Feb. The retrieval wasn’t such a great process for me, so I am hoping the FET takes, but have heard it can take 4-5 attempts. :( so worrying myself a little bit.
I had one question about the FET - can I delay the FET by a Couple of days ( have a work trip which I want to combine into a short vacation.. lol). Or are the transfer Dates almost fixed for most women.. like CD 16 or something?

6 years ago

Hi coelh102! Thanks for sharing that information and CONGRATS!!! I am still almost at the starting line in this journey, but I look forward to being able to ask questions.

Gem1981 - FET in Feb sounds great! I was hoping for that time frame, but now it looks like it could be as late as April. I'm very sad, but excited for you!

6 years ago • Post starter

Hi, guys! I’m on my second IVF cycle. Retrieved 7 yesterday and found out today that 6 fertilized. So, now...the waiting. Our doctor says it will be a week to find out how many make it to biopsy. (We are doing genetic testing pre-transfer. Maybe that’s why it’s a little longer...?) Anyway, just looking for a little support this week. Last cycle, they retrieved 4 and only one was mature. Two more matured overnight. So, 3 fertilized. They didn’t make it past day 3. Praying for better results this time! How’s it going for all of you?

6 years ago

Hi Ladies, sorry I dropped the ball in this forum!
My fet happenned on 19feb. They transferred 3 blasts so I am in the 2ww and going crazy!
How r u ladies doing?

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo