Community post

Discussion

IVF in 2018

I just wanted to start a group to discuss this topic. I am beginning my IVF journey this month and looking for others in the same boat.

16 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Replies | Last Page

Wishing you all the best in your journey!

please excuse any typos as I'm on my cell phone

6 years ago

Hi Smartbaby
Good to have an IVF forum here. I just started my IVF jourmey - finished my egg retrieval on Friday (11 eggs). Will get to know about the embryos on Monday.
My doctor has advised freezing the embryos and transferring them next month. Hoping I don’t need to get another egg retrieval done and it works out this time itself!
Wish you all the best too for your journey.

6 years ago

Good luck Gem!!! I hope you won't need another retrieval. I have an appointment tomorrow. The process is slower than I expected. I guess I'm a little impatient.

FET is recommended for me as well. I see the benefits but it's more waiting, which is killing me.

6 years ago • Post starter

All the best Smartbaby! Wish you lots of great quality eggies:)

6 years ago

Hope you get a BFP next month...keep me posted...you're a bit ahead of me in the process...it would be nice to chat with you as we go along

Absolutely! Sorry I thought your egg retrieval is tomorrow. It helps to have someone to share things with !

6 years ago

So I got my results today. Out of 11 eggs, we got 9 grade 2 embryos which have been frozen today. Doc wasn’t pleased that there were no grade 1 embryos.
Have to meet them in person later this week to figure out what happens next month!
How did the appointment go Smartbaby?

6 years ago

9 eggs sounds good...wish they were Grade 1...hope you can still the desired result with the frozen embroyos! By now you might already know since the site has been down...how was the follow-up appt?

I wish my retrieval was this week. I had my HSG. I am in a holding pattern till the doctor has availability to speak to me. The technician said she felt my uterine cavity was not a perfect triangle :-(

I'm supposed to call my nurse to find out if the DR wants to start me on meds in preparation for retrieval or if I have to sit out another cycle.

The nurse told me to have protected sex while I'm waiting to find out any new info...I laughed...really?!

If it was THAT easy would I even be talking to you? lol

Hi Smartbaby, sorry the cache memory showed that the site wasn’t working! Finally managed to log in today.
Doc said 9 grade 2 - 8 cell embies are likely to give us 1 or 2 good blasts. (frankly I was hoping to get 4-5 so I can save them for the future .. being greedy eh lol). He said there is a chance that these embies could become top quality blasts (a ray of hope). Pregnancy chance with grade 2 blasts is 40 percent and with grade 1 is likely to be 50 percent ( considering my age etc). So I am not complaining! Since we have the choice, we might decide to delay the transfer to March instead of feb ( due to some professional commitments ).. dh and I still trying to make up our minds. Bloating is almost gone, but I have gained about 5 pounds -combination of emotions and meds I think. Trying to lose it before the transfer happens.
Hope your Dr talks to you soon and removes the suspense! Wish you all the best. Keep me posted.

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo