Community post

Discussion

When to tell Family. HELP!!!

My husband and I will be testing on Christmas. I think it will be a BFP... I am so symptomatic... it is crazy, Anyway, we will be with the family 3 days in a row and then on New Years... HOW am I going to hide this... I am a wine drinker and my sister in laws are going to notice right away! And New Years?!? Who doesnt drink on New Years? I want to tell, but am afraid to if something should happen... What to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

6 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

If they ask, tell them you're still TTC. LOTS of people don't drink the whole time that they are trying just in case they conceive and drink before they know they're preggers! ESPECIALLY around the holidays.

Or don't they know that you're trying? If not, could you tell them that you're the DD? Or are you actually STAYING with them for New Year's?

User Image I want a !!! User Image

13 years ago

before we were ttc-ing... iwas on medicationand when i was taking it i did not drink...we were at a wedding and someone offered me a drink...i simply told them i was on medication...you cant mix the two right?

User Image

13 years ago

You guys are fantastic... Thanks so much!
Both suggestions would work... I am going to talk it over with dh!

13 years ago • Post starter

When I found out I was pregnant 13 months ago I told everyone the day I found out and nothing bad happened ,but it did take me 8 years and 2 months to get pregnant .and now i have a almost 4 month old daughter .good luck to you .

13 years ago

I'm wondering when to tell family and close friends as well!

I am thinking we will tell my mum and dad on Wednesday this week (my AF day!), my DH and I are going for dinner with them then... I will be about 5 weeks then.

My reasoning is that if I tell them early they will be able to pray for the baby and a successful pregnancy. I did MC in my 20's with an unplanned pregnancy, so that is in the back of my mind, but it does feel a LONG, long time ago, so I am not worrying about it too much.

I really want to tell my close family and friends as soon as possible :) :)

13 years ago

Congratulations!

I think we are both in sync, by LMP i will be 5wks Tuesday.

I had my BFP on wed and just couldnt wait to tell my parents - we told them the same day along with my bestests. They all new we were TTC and needing treatment so they are naturally soooo happy for us!

Its soooo exciting but im terrified something will go wrong! Im a midwife and i definately think ignorance in bliss right now.

it is really hard not to tell everyone, really wanted to wait untill had had scan but seriously doubt i will be able to keep it in that long, plus there are not that many left to tell! lol. DH had a little drinky at mates wedding and couldnt keep it in either!! lol

Off to see Dr tomorrow so maybe that will make it all a bit more real.

Good luck, take care of yourself,
Keep me posted how your feeling etc, be great to have someone going through same at same time.

Ectopic 7wks 7.2.11

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo