Community post

Discussion

Starting Clomid, anyone with me?! Can I get a hell ya!

After a year of trying I am finally prescribed Clomid. I'm super pumped and really hoping this is the ticket to ending my infertility. Anyone else recently start using clomid or has had success in the past?

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

285 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 285 Replies | Last Page

Hey, so I just did some research and found out that Robitussin is apparently an excellent partner with Clomid. Thins out your cm and helps produces more. Clomid tends to make a hostile environment for sperm if using more than 50mg. Having said that, along with preseed I might just try this robitissin stuff:) P.S. is it sad that I'm having a discussion with myself? lol

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

12 years ago • Post starter

This is my 2nd cycle with Clomid. Painful ovulation both months and heat flashes while taking the pills. Overall, not a bad experience. I hope it works! Do you know what is causing you to have trouble conceiving? Good luck!

12 years ago

Hot flashes would not be fun, I haven't experieced anything too bad yet. I had some strange cramping though for a few minutes the other day but so far so good. I have low progesterone so my doctor prescribed me them. I hope that is all that is wrong. What about you?

I just started clomid this cycle and I do notice hot flahes at bed time when taking the pills. I had my first IUI this month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it worked.

12 years ago

Hi I will be starting Femara this cycle. I know how you feel after ttc # for 19 months it is nice to finally have some help. Good Luck to you and I hope you get a bfp soon!

User Image

12 years ago

I am on Clomid at 50mg's and my last pill is tomorrow. I have had a little bit of an upset stomach and some hot flashes, but nothing terrible.

I have secondary infertility, we have a 4 year old, and as far as we can tell there is nothing obvious wrong. If Clomid does not work, we will be getting my husband checked. We have been off birth control of a year and a half and have been "trying" for almost 12 months. Fingers crossed!

12 years ago

Sarah: I hear ya on the secondary infertility thing. I have a two year old and just kinda figured that number two would be a breeze! I miss the feeling of being pregnant. Now watch, now that I said that I'm sure the next one will be rough lol.

cera: I know, its kind of bitter sweet in a way. You never want to hear a reason why it's taking so long but at the same time it's nice to have a game plan. I hope this month is the one for you:) Lots of baby dust to you:)

curl gurl: That's exciting! I don't know much about IUI but my friends friend had unexplained infertility and it worked for her so baby dust to you:)

Hey there! My name is Anna and I'm on day 3 of my second round of Clomid. I was so hoping it would have worked this past month, but it was a no go. I've been TTC #2 for 13 months now. My DS is almost 5 and really wants a sibling and I want another baby!

Clomid seems to give me headaches and hot flashes, but I'd crawl through fire to have another baby so it's worth it. My doc is going to check my progesterone levels at 7 DPO to make sure all is well.

Good luck to all of you ladies! I'm so hoping for a September miracle!!! After trying for so long, you know these babies will be loved more than they'll ever know!

User Image User Image User Image Anna

12 years ago

Today is my last pill ladies!!!! :)

Fingers crossed for everyone!

12 years ago

Hey Anna:) Your situation is similar to mine in that it's been over a year and trying for a second. My doctor says for a lot of women it can take a month or two to get things on track so hopefully this month is the one:) I did not know headaches were a side effect of Clomid! That explains it, I've had like a dull pain for a few days now, nothing major but super annoying! Totally worth though in the long run. Are you on 50mg?

Sarah: That's awesome! You're that much closer to the big "O". I'm just waiting for my opk stick to smile at me, literally, lol. I've got preseed this time around and I'm baby dancing like Fred Astaire so I reeeally hope this works:)

Curlgurl: I do believe I read some good news from you! Is it true?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo