Community post

Discussion

1st IVF cycle - waiting for ER on Wed 12 Oct...

View Full Post

Hi,

I am 42 and I am trying to conceive with my DBF (male factor infertility). This is my first cycle with meds ever and we are trying to put everything on the IVF card, skipping IUI. Before, we tried to conceive naturally and I already have a 4-year old from a previous relationship.

I never thought that would end up in a fertility clinic, so I never really looked at IVF and everything that's related. After our last BFP we just decided to give it a try right away, so I didn't even have time to read up on the Internet.

Now that the ER is approaching quickly, I am getting very nervous and would love to find some cycle buddies or ladies who can share their IVF experiences...

Today's u/s showed 4 follies, two on each side around 18-21 mm. I would have wished for more follies, but my RE thinks that I should be happy with four at my age... The uterus lining was 15mm and she was very happy with that.

I did my HCG shot today and in about 33 hours I will have my ER...

Lots of babydust!!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

19 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 19 of 19 Replies

Thanks Eve... I will try and hold off at least until 10 days post transfer, maybe one or two days more. I feel the same as you about getting the beta results. I will be at work and I much rather want to know before in case it's a BFN.

So, today is blast day... Let's hope the little one implants...

hugs

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago • Post starter

Well, I am pretty sure the trigger is out of my system... I tested three days in a row. I tested at 6, 7, and 8 days past ER (or 8,9,10 days after the trigger) and although I had strips which claimed to be really sensitive (10mIU/mL), I got clean tests on all three days. This means, I guess, the trigger is gone.

I could now essentially start testing for some "real" Hcg... ;-) I think I will hold off a couple more days. On Sunday, I would be 11dpo if this was a "normal" cycle. I got my BFP with DS at 11dpo...

The thing is - I feel really pregnant, but I also know that the drugs are fooling me... if I didn't know I would think I am preggers for sure... Anyway, wish me luck...

cheers,
TC

I have my for you TC!!!

Its a stressful time, especially as the drugs can trick you

Hope the time goes quickly....

12 years ago

Hi Eve,

I got a BFN :(
I knew it was AF when I started spotting and I also didn't get a BFP when I poas...
It very much sucks, but we have to take a one-month break and will try again in November. I estimate that I should start stims around Nov 21... when are you starting?

Hug
tc

TC, I am so sorry to hear you had no success this time around Good to hear you are getting straight back on the wagon!! We are tough us IVF chicks

Have you had your blood test yet? I hear that quite often 2nd cycles are more successful, mainly just because they know more about how you react to the process and can adjust it to work better for you.

Look like we will be cycle buddies I am on day 5 of my cycle, just down regging for now, start the nasty nasty spray on the 10th Nov and all going well due to start stims on .......................Nov 22nd!!!!!! We should be perfectly synced up

12 years ago

Hi Eve...

sorry for going awol... just spent the last few weeks regrouping and finding out about other protocol options.

I convinced my RE to try an EPP - estrogen priming protocol, which seems to be the way to go for older women and low responders. I should start priming with estrogen next week and still expect to start stims around Nov 21 or 22... so we will be cycle buddies!!!

Good luck with the spray!

tc

No worries

EPP sounds like a winner for you! I have had a little look online and it seems a little similar to my cycle only in that it down regulates the cycle to give them more control over it. I read that they stim you slower on this protocol, how many days are you planning on stimming for?

I started the spray today...hooray!!! and have a blood test on 21/11 with a view to start stims on 22/11. I will be out of touch for about a week. DH and I are taking a little road trip up the coast of NSW, so excited. . we really need a little rest before tackling the next part of the cycle I will catch you soon, hope the estrogen meds are kind to you. Take care

12 years ago

12 years ago

Just thought I'd check in again. How are ýou doing with the spray? Not so long anymore until we start stimming :-)

I have nothing to report right now really. I am about 5 DPO of my natural cycle still hoping for a miracle. In the past few days I've had (TMI) lots of creamy, yellow CM. I've been feeling a bit AF-crampy. Not sure if this is a messed up cycle and a super-early indication for AF or if this could be something?

During the last BFN cycles, there wasn't really CM. However, I am also still thinking that this cycle is different because of the meds in the last one. Who knows. Even if we caught the eggo it could still be just a chemical. Way too early to get worked up about it.

Check back soon!

xo

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo