Community post

Discussion

How long do sperm really stick around?

I know that the common fact is that sperm do not just die when they get up to the fallopian tubes and there's not a matured egg waiting for them there. But how long and how many DO actually stick around? We bd'd last night and I am supposed to have 3 more days to go b4 ovulation. If for some reason I ovulated early (EX: today)...would some of last night's still be available?

User Image User Image

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I've read in a couple of places that the maximum time they can survive is 3-5 days.

User Image

12 years ago

Sounds like me and you are in the same boat. We bd'd last night and I also still have a couple days left til I ovulate supposedly. I've been looking up this very question cause I too am hoping those swimmers stick around awhile. From what I've read, we are in luck because they can live anywhere from 3-6 days and that they will swim in the fallopian tubes until they bump into the egg. I keep hoping I will ovulate real soon. Today I am cycle day 13 and my cycle was 30 days so I am figuring like day 15 or 16 to actually ovulate. My tests keep showing negative though so it's scaring me. I'm afraid that I may not even ovulate. I am hoping I can get him to bd with me either tonite or tomorrow again. Anyway, Good luck to us both!

Paradise

12 years ago

I'm on day 13 too and my cycle is supposed to be 30 days long! You and i should stick together :) I just took an opk this afternoon and it was negative. I'm hoping saturday will provide me with a postive opk...when are you testing next?

User Image User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

3-5 dys depending on how hospitable the woman's body is.

12 years ago

Well today I am cycle day 14 but I think I am out this month. My ovulation tests are still showing negative and in fact are lighter today then the days before, so I either missed it or didn't ovulate at all or the 3rd possibility could be that the night we bd'd I might have been ovulating and it got it. What's weird to me is that yesterday, all of my ewcm dried up to nothing and today my cervix is closed. So, now I am just in lingo over all of this. Guess now it's on to the dreaded 2 ww but I really am thinking I didn't ovulate this month. Sucks!!!

Paradise

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo