Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

211 - 220 of 343 Replies | Last Page

Ha ha ha, I love that idea, TC!

Tonight I am so so so tired. It isn't even eight pm and I seriously want to go to bed. And it has been such a day I'd really like to have a drink..but of course I can't because I just don't know. Ugh ugh ugh.

I've got to say though, I'd better know by Saturday. Because we're having a St. Patrick's Day party, and I'd really like to have some Baileys with my Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes!!!!! :)

Stacy

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Okay Stacy - Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes?? MUST.HAVE.RECIPE!!!

TC, I definitely love your idea. It's time we three moved along here!

I am 5dpo (I think). I'm pretty sure I o'd on cd14 - that seems to be the pattern lately by the lengths of my cycles. Either 13 or 14 anyway. I've marked my chart as cd14 for now. We'll see I guess. I've been a bit lightheaded which I haven't had for a long long time. Not sure if it's related or what, but I've made note anyway. I'm also having the usual mild constipation that comes with the hormonal shift btwn FP and LP. Progesterone rising!

So, bottom line i'm not feeling anything super unusual but it's still early. i feel like this is a 'bonus round' so I'm pretty chill about it. Maybe that's a good thing!

Have a great day!

12 years ago • Post starter

Give me a day or so, Jenny...I'll type up the recipe. :)

My hip is KILLING ME, I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep!!! I'll try though, and pray I get to see two lines in the morning!

Stacy

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

My temp went way down this morning, but still nothing. I can usually feel it when AF is about to start, but I feel nothing. I'm 17 DPO...what am I supposed to think??! Anyway, I'm not counting myself out yet, because I slept really horribly, and I know I didn't get the "at least two hours of sleep" before temping. Test didn't show anything....guess it's just one of those days. Honestly though, I'm going to have a drink tomorrow night (St. Patrick's Day) if I don't get a positive test tomorrow!! I love my Baileys..... :)

Stacy

12 years ago

Hey girls,

@Jen... wohoo, this makes us TWW buddies this time :-) I think I am 4 or 5 DPO today (not 100% sure if I o'd on CD11 or CD12 this cycle or somewhere in between), so that makes me 4.5 DPO ;)

@Dragonfly... I am still crossing all my fingers for you... I checked your profile to stalk your chart, but the current one is not up...

AFM: The two last days were pretty rough for me - I did have some sort of flu bug with a mean cough, body ache, chills... it explains the high temps this early DPO. I still have a bad cough today, but my bodyaches seem to be gone. My temp took a dive today (and the Advil must have been out of my system, it was over 12 hours), so I assume that I am back to my regular LP temps, only today it seems a bit lowish even. :( So my high temps were caused by the flu.

On a positive note, I went for a check-up with my regular gyno and it turns out she just had her 4th failed ICSI... so we had something to chat about. She did my a favour did an ultrasound for me and although it was way to early to see anything in terms of pregnancy of course, she said the ovaries looked good and she saw a number of antral follicles, which is good news for my next ICSI.

In that regard, I am very torn on what to do: I got a new protocol, a long one with downregulation. For this, I am supposed to take a Lupron depot shot on CD20, which would be only 9DPO this cycle, very likely too early for HPT to rule out a potential pregnancy for certain. However, this stuff is possibly teratogenic (sp?), which means it could cause harm to a fetus or harm an implanted embryo, i.e. you could lose it. Of course, I haven't gotten preggers for the past 10 months, why should 11 be the magic cycle? But still, I am concerned. So, the alternative option would be to wait it out for the next cycle, start BCP on the next CD1 (which will be at the end of next week if AF shows) and then take the Lupron shot on CD20 of the next cycle. This would move our ICSI by another month.

The fact that my gyno saw antral follies on the US gives me hope that four weeks won't make or break it. Besides, I am on the DHEA, which gives me hope for my egg quality and response.

Which reminds me... @Jenny... in case you don't get your BFP this month, you may want to consider taking DHEA before your next IUI cycle. Ideally, you should take it for 3 months. In Canada, you can only get it by prescription, but in the US it's OTC in drugstores. There is a great website with loads of information, Toronto West Fertility swears by it, so das CHR in NYC.

Look here http://www.torontofertility.com/articles/article/7174615/132502.htm
(There are more articles under "Published Research" - and loads on Google scholar...)

So, here is to a great weekend, a BFP for dragonfly (you definitely should have a Guiness and Bailey's, girl - you deserve it ;) !! I believe it will not affect an embryo that has already implanted - I went out drinking the cycle I got pregnant with my son because I didn't know I was... really, at this point, the alcohol does not get to the little bean yet...) and high LP temps for Jenny and me :-)

xo
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

I'm almost over the flu, just the cough is still there. My temp is lower today, I think I have a prob with my corpus luteum as my temps always start going down mid-LP :(

So, not feeling anything at all and thinking that probably I am not pregnant again. Therefore I could start my downregulation next week if I get the meds shipped in time. Or I wait for AF, take BCP for 3 weeks and start then...

Still uncertain about what I should do... I will decide next week, once I got the meds. I figure I can always poas at 10dpo before I inject.

Hey, Jen, post your chart, so I can stalk it!

Dragonfly, did the witch show??

hugs
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

TC, I'm glad you're over the flu yuckiness. As for the choices you have to make...all I can say is don't stress about it too much. You'll do the right thing.

Jenny, how's your weekend going?

As for me, had a lovely St. Patrick's Day party, kids running everywhere and adults to have "real" conversation with (honestly, it's like I'm starved for conversation! I love being with adults..). And of course the food..I made Irish stew (with lamb, of course), Irish soda bread, cheddar cheese broccoli scones, and Guinness chocolate cupcakes with bailey's/cream cheese frosting. (The kids had plain cream cheese frosting on thiers. Because, well, we didn't want to get them drunk.) Unfortunately I had such a migraine I didn't dare have a glass of baileys for myself. *sigh*

And I'm 19 DPO. My temps going higher and higher...I just don't get it.

Stacy

12 years ago

Hi girls,

I think I am out. I am NOT feeling pregnant at all. My temps spiked yesterday, no idea why. The flu is gone and I only had one glass of wine on Sat before a full night's sleep, so I can't explain it. However, today it was back to my typical "medium" LP temps...

@dragonfly... any news??? Did you POAS?

@Jen... how are you feeling?

Hugs
Claudia

12 years ago

20 DPO and still nothing. Test negative, no sign of impending AF..nothing. Last night I had about three sips of wine and my head started spinning and I couldn't walk straight, so I certainly have alcohol intolerance, but that's it. Annoying annoying annoying. The longer this goes on the more I'm convinced I'm NOT pregnant, strangely. Anyway, I have an appointment to get clomid on April 12, so at least I have a chance coming up!!

Stacy

12 years ago

UGH! I wrote a pretty lengthy reply and it's disappeared! Stacy, I hope the alcohol intolerance is a good sign! Have you ever had that before?

Claudia don't count yourself out just yet. It's still early! Hope the temp spike means something! As for posting my chart for you to stalk, there's nothing to see. I've only temped a couple of times and they weren't at the exact time anyway. I marked my cm around O and posted my suspected O date and that's all. I should be seeing AF this weekend. If not, I'll test on Monday or Tuesday with a dollar store test and see what can be seen.

As for symptoms, my nipples are incredibly sore today and yesterday. I don't know if that's in my head or what - meaning, maybe they're sore every month and I just don't pay attention... but I don't think so. They feel very very sore. I'm also exhausted today. I hit snooze for an hour and a half this morning and was dead to the world in between alarms. I almost slept at my desk today. Maybe it's still the time change thing though. Or I'm just tired. I've also had quite the appetite since Saturday. I ate so much chocolate this weekend and even today I had to go get a blizzard at lunch cuz I wanted chocolate ice cream so bad! I never have a sweet tooth (still have chocolate from halloween - it usually doesn't phase me!) but even now, I feel like i can't eat enough of it! So bad for my diet and exercise plan! I gained 2 lbs this wkd! I don't care at the moment though! LOL

Still keeping fingers crossed for both of you! xo

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo