Community post

Discussion

NOW PREGNANT - My recommendations for HPTs!!

For those of you ladies who are POAS addicts like myself and love to start testing early, I do NOT recommend the cheap $1 test or cheap internet tests. They barely gave me lines while Answer and First Response gave me for sure positives at 11-12dpo and then darker as the days went on. After AF is late, then I would say try the cheap internet or $1 tests to watch progression, since my First Response color pretty much maxed out at 18dpo. So I've been using Baby brand ($1 test) to watch progression, since the lines were fainter and get darker longer.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY BLUE-DYE TESTS!!! I took a Rexall brand (blue dye) test 2 cycles ago and it gave me very faint second blue lines that I thought were positive, when they weren't. My hopes were crushed that cycle. So in my opinion, stay away from them! I did take a Clear Blue this cycle (when actually pregnant) and got a more convincing positive from it around 12dpo I think it was, but I still recommend the pink-dyed tests.

I took my first digital at 14dpo when AF was supposed to arrive and it showed PREGNANT!! So I am unsure if you should use them too much earlier than that.

Ovulation tests were STRONGLY positive when I was taking my pregnancy tests this cycle (while pregnant) to test that theory. So, with me, yes OPKs were positive while pregnant. I took one at 14dpo to test the theory, after getting the PREGNANT on the digital test!!

I really hope this helps you ladies!! Baby dust and best wishes to you all!!!!!!!

10DPO Late Afternoon Urine, very diluted, used!!
User Image

11DPO afternoon urine used
User Image

12DPO Afternoon Urine used (diluted afternoon urine gave me stronger results)
User Image

11dpo-14dpo
User Image

14dpo Digital Inside peek
User Image

14dpo Digital, cheap $1 U-Check brand, and + OPK
User Image

18-20dpo with Baby brand, used now to check progression
User Image

User image

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

NOTE:
You can notice on my 12dpo photo that the Answer (pink dye brand like First Response) shows a positive a LOT clearer than the other tests taken that day!

AND, on the 11-14dpo photo of the Answer and First Response brand, the 3rd test is fainter only because I used watery urine with no hold that afternoon....

And I think I meant concentrated urine, not diluted urine, in the afternoons gave me better results. (which ever one is where the urine is darker, not watery!)...

I ALSO RECOMMEND COLLECTING URINE, not using midstream urine!!

User image

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi! Thank you for posting all of these. Very interesting. My "expected" due date is April 10, 2014. So I have taken four or more (some too early ) first response early result and all were BFN! Going to doctor tomorrow because I am pretty sure I am pregnant. LMP was July 4th! Lol. I am awake at 2:30 am eating red velvet cake! Something I would not normally do in a regular day! I have done some online reading and it says that if you are pregnant with a boy it is more common to get false negatives. I have had a boy before but I was already eight weeks before I tested because I was too busy to notice that I was pregnant. (in school full time-college).

Symptoms : very sore nipples sine July 27th, side of breasts sore. Nipple more erect. No color change but they never changed before and are pretty light (I am blonde). Bloated,gas. Cramping but it's mild. Tired but sometimes can't sleep. Without alarm I sleep til noon. Hungry! Thirsty! Have to pee almost every hour. Veins more noticeable on chest/breasts. Can smell everything. Vivid dreams-peaceful but very real and detailed. Cry over sad commercial. Tear up if thinking about sad things. Not mean, feel happy.
BBT says 97 2 deg F but I never charted prior to conception and it's not a basal thermometer anyway. All labs in March normal. Also my blood pressure is low! 89/60, 94/61,92/58....all the time. Oh so yes dizzy too.

Now I was not TTC and boyfriend and I are no longer together. I'm leaving him out of it for now until I know with absolute certainty. So this is unplanned but I will accept whatever God decides I need in my life. Because planets had to realign for this to happen!

Will update as soon as I find out. I am going to try different tests too!
Any comments/ideas/suggestions are appreciated!
Good luck and blessings!

10 years ago

Texasbaby, I sent you a private message... I hope this helped you!

User image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo