Community post

Discussion

blood test came back , level 16 hcg, is this pregnant???

hi, i am late on my period, i have has 10 very faint poss pregnancy tests and 2 doctors faint poss test, i got sent to the hospital and had a blood test done, it came back level or number 16 on hcg, they told me that im not pregnant, but im still getting poss tests, is 16 hcg a pregnancy or not??????anyway i rang the gyne i saw at the hospital and questioned the level, she said that a non pregnant woman is level 5 hcg, and that 16 is not higher anough to be classed pregnant.
SO I AM PREGGERS OR NOT IS THE QUESTION??? FI X X

2 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I was told that any level above 5 was pregnant.... but.... if it isn't doubling every two days or so than that should mean somehting isn't right. They want to see it much higher. I am surprised they aren't going to do the test again in say a week to see if it is getting higher or lower! I would want that done I think. It doesn't seem that if you aren't pregnant that that is normal though. I would think there is something else going on to get that number and they should be checking into other problems. I would keep asking and making them check into things!

13 years ago

I would get a second blood test done in 3 days to see if the level if doubling or not.

While 16 is technically pregnant, if the number doesn't double, or falls, it could be a chemical pg, blighted ovum or early miscarriage.

Good Luck. I hope you get to see the numbers rise.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo