Community post

Question

high levels??, twins???

hi, i have been told by my doc that i am very early in my pregnancy about 4 half weeks, i thoght i was 7 weeks , but anyway, i had to make a trip to a + e for low ab pain, they took bloods and the results came back , the hcg was 4000 and the progestreon level was 54, these number seem very high to me????, i have scan but they said its too small to see and that i have to go back for another scan(more detailed scan) , but what im thinking is that could i have twins, as i have done research and found 4000, and 54 are very high for 4 half weeks pregnant, if anyone can help or knows anything about these numbers, help me thankyou fi x x

1 Answer • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

your pregesterone level is perfect at 54! your HCG would be considered high if you were less then 4 weeks, HCG varies soooo much it is not good to use for dating your pregnancy. My sister was pregnant with twins and her HCG was 10,000 at 4 weeks and 5 days. My HCG for my daughter was 6000 at 5 weeks, so they can be so different. I would go by your scan and since it was too early to see anything, that means you could be anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks?
hope that helps

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo