Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 479 Replies | Last Page

CJ - odd coincidence...i just finished a round of Keflex for a UTI. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

AFM - IUI prior to xmas was not successful. Had 3rd one yesterday. If this one doesn't take, we're considering donor sperm/egg.

Does anybody know anything about the risks of all these drugs? My RE has been curiously quiet on that point. I'm sort of feeling like maybe my body needs a break for a month or so after 3 consecutive cycles, but maybe I'm making a bigger deal of it than I need to. So far, am up to 225 units of Follistim for about 8 days, then ovidrel to trigger. No idea if that's a lot or a little.

11 years ago

Hi Ladies. Glad I found the new thread. I keep losing it.

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my yesterday!

I'm so excited. I'll keep you guys posted.

Good luck to the ladies waiting to test!

User Image

11 years ago

Awesome Holly. You and DH must be so excited. Happy and healthy 9 months.

11 years ago

Awesome Holly. You and DH must be so excited. Happy and healthy 9 months.

11 years ago

Congratulations Holly!!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Congratuations Holly!

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for the congratulations and well wishes everyone. This will be my first and DH's second. I am still in shock! I did a lot of things this cycle, but it was my first using the clear blue easy fertility monitor!

to all of you! Hoping for some more BFPs for September babies!

User Image

11 years ago

Congratulations Holly

What did you do this cycle?

11 years ago

Thanks Kraken! I would be glad to tell you what I did, but the list is so long, you might be sorry you asked.

We have been TTC since May. We did get pregnant in August, but it was a CP. I was very disappointed when I did not get pregnant after the CP and decided to try a bunch of different things!

The most noteworthy things I can recall are as follows:

1. Drank about 1.5 to 2 liters of water daily especially before O. I also drank a glass of grapefruit juice each day and drank a lot of caffeine free Green Tea. I added carrots to my diet. (1st cycle doing these , but I heard they might help with EWCM).

2. Put my legs up/elevated my hips for at least 30 minutes after . Once I got a +OPK and until O, I also inserted a softcup to hold the spermies i (1st cycle trying this approach). Felt silly with my legs up on a headboard a couple of times. DH thought I was losing my mind when I would spin around to rest my legs on the headboard to elevate my hips!

3. I cut out caffeine entirely and reduced alcohol intake..., I had a glass of wine twice this cycle. (1st cycle cutting out the caffeine), once at the beginning of my cycle and once after I Oâ??d.

4. Took Evening Primrose Oil, Royal Jelly (the paste, not the pills), and Folic Acid. I stopped EPO and RJ once I ovulated. They say EPO should not be taken after O because it causes uterine contractions. So this cycle, after stopping EPO, I replaced it with Flax Seed Oil because it is safe to take after O (3rd cycle on EPO and RJ, but 1st cycle taking extra FA and the Flax Seed Oil after O).

5. I took Muscinex once I entered my fertile period and up until O. I have heard Muscinex helps with fertile CM (2nd cycle using Muscinex before O).

6. I used Preseed once this cycle, but it was a few days before O. I started to use it the entire time, but decided against it since I was already taking so much to help improve EWCM. I did notice a significant improvement!

7. This was my first cycle using the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor (CBEFM). I got my first High on CD10 and continued to get highs through CD24. It went back down to low on CD25 (but I had my already on CD 24, so I wasn't concerned. I did take IC OPKs as back up so I could pinpoint my surge since I have heard many people do not get a peak their 1st or 2nd cycle using the CBEFM. Iâ??m glad I did! I also temp, so I could confirm O and no when to stop my EPO and RJ. Since the monitor was just learning my cycle, I never got a peak, but we BDd every other day from CD 10 (the day I got high fertility on the CBEFM) until I got a positive OPK. Once I got a positive OPK, we BDd for 3 days straight, skipped a day, and then BDd one more time for good measure. FYI - the every other day before +OPK resulted in us BDing 2 days before the +OPK).

8. I also take prenatal vitamins with DHA and baby aspirin, but I have been doing that ever since I had the CP last August.

9. This was my 2nd cycle on Soy Isoflavones (Took them CD 2-6) I can't remember the dose right now.

If you would like to know the dosage for any of the supplements I took, let me know and I will look at the bottles and let you know.

User Image

11 years ago

Wow Holly lol thanx for that.

We have been trying for over 3 years and ive had 4 CP's

DH and I each have a child from previous relationships but are wanting one between us. We have both had all the fertility treatments etc and both our results were perfect and the doctors say theres no reason its not sticking :-(

Im taking folic acid and we are both on B vitimums. I 'O' on my own but i have tried clomyd

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo