Community post

Discussion

To all us recent BFP-ers

View Full Post

I am 4 weeks, 2 days today, and I just found out yesterday. I am not feeling so great in the morning, but other than that I feel great. How are we all feeling?

to you all!

Lindsay

16 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 16 of 16 Replies

szjebb - glad to meet a fellow veggie! I am anxious about it and being pregnant, want to do what's best for the little one but so far no cravings for meat. So far, all I've been craving is fruits and vegetables, and I just weighed myself this morning and I'm down a couple pounds. Haven't had any nausea really myself yet, but I would prefer it anytime other than mornings.

beatrice - love the name Beatrice by the way! If I were you I would totally buy a doppler, if it wasn't too pricey. You could probably even sell it or give it to a friend once you don't need it anymore. I would have fun with it too, using it on my dog, etc. Sounds like a great idea!

Well I have a confessions ladies. I just ordered some more internet cheapies. It feels so good to see those 2 lines I just couldn't help myself! And I might even pick up a first response on the way home from work as I haven't taken one of those yet, just one cheapie and 3 digitals. Digitals are good for knowing right away, but now I just want to have fun analyzing the line and seeing how dark it gets compared to the control line! Ah, the joys of early pregnancy. I have read at some point testing becomes pointless and the lines mean nothing, so I'm thinking if I get a good hcg level at my appointment I will discontinue my little habit.

Lindsay

11 years ago • Post starter

That was a great site! I love the specific recommendation of the Doppler. I think a purchase may be in my future, if I make it to 8 weeks!

Jackson, I love that you just bought more tests! This morning, I'm pretty sure my test was about as dark as they get. So I'm trying to curtail my habit. We'll see how that goes!

Beatrice is actually a pseudonym. My favorite Shakespeare character is Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing. And years ago, I lived by the Atlantic Ocean. So I made an email with with name. Now I just use it for login names when I need one!

Good luck with your diets ladies! I really admire vegetarians! Do you eat eggs? Enriched with omega 3's, those can be very nutritious. Have a great day!

11 years ago

I was reading your post too fast Jackson, and I missed the part about doing the Doppler on your dog. Too funny! I have two cats, but I can guarantee that they won't let me anywhere near their bellies with the jelly and the wand!! The image of you doing Doppler on your dog will entertain me all morning!

11 years ago

Yeah, I'm a big cheater. I eat eggs and dairy. Not milk (because my husband can't drink it and I can't drink it on my own) but cheese and yogurt.

jacksonwest - I read in What to Expect that it's fine to be veggie while pregnant as long as you're being very conscious of getting your protein. Which is rough since I have found it harder to want protein lately. I feel the worst today that I have so far but I brought some almond milk with me today and I found that settled my stomach a bit.

Also, I was looking at my tests last night and thinking, "Oh man, I might need to buy more... I don't know if this will last me until my appointment..." My DH thinks I'm hilariously crazy.

beatrice- Much Ado About Nothing is my favorite too. It has the laughter and the drama. Beatrice and Benedict and the best Shakespeare couple in my opinion.

User Image

11 years ago

Beatrice and Benedict are definitely the best couple in Shakespeare! :) I just love their banter! I saw MAAN again on a recent trip to the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford Ontario. It was great!

AFM, no nausea yet, but the soreness in my chest has just gone up a notch. I accidentally brush the girls, and I feel shooting pain! Hope that does last the next eight months!

Okay my veggie experts, you'll have to educate me with your favorite veggie recipes. My honey and I try to eat really healthy, and we are open to veggie options. We just tried quinoa this week and really liked it! Other recommendations?

11 years ago

I love this recipe: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/cashew-curry-recipe.html

This website has a lot of good veggie recipes. Some of them have weird ingredients so can be tricky but lots are easy and delicious. I also use vegetariantimes.com as a recipe source :)

Only the sides of my ladies hurt! I think that's so weird.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo