Community post

Discussion

Whos excied to start ttc for the 1st time!

View Full Post

My husband and i are coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary and our fourth year being together and this is going to be our first month ttc. We are VERY excited! I have a doc apt aug 15 for pre pregnancy checkup then the fun part will start :)

I just finished my last pack of bc pills and am hoping my cycles and ovulation will get back on track pronto! Before bc i usually had about a 26 day cycle. Heres hoping for a bfp by september! We wont be using any fertility aides yet. We decided to give it a few months just letting nature take its course.

We have always loved eachother and had a very healthy and happy relationship but its hard to explain how your heart feels when you decide your ready to make a new life with the person you love! My heart is so happy!

Who else is excited to start this journey? I want to hear other stories and follow and support eachother until we get our BFP's

145 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

121 - 130 of 145 Replies | Last Page

Firsttimer-

Earlier this year, I took a pregnancy test (we were not trying, actually trying to avoid a pregnancy at the time). It was positive. I freaked out, then relaxed, then by the time my husband got home, I was over the moon in happiness! Within the next 48hours, I had picked out a crib, made lists of baby names and looked into the local school system- crazy I know.

But the next morning, I felt different and took another test and it said negative. I was devastated. Inconsolable, crying, devastated. Furthermore, my mother, who is actually normally really nice, told me to get over it because it was not even a real pregnancy. But to me, it really felt like a real pregnancy. On top of that, I was dealing with all the hormonal changes that happen with a pregnancy and then termination- which are definitely real. We pee on sticks to show how real they are!

I followed up with my doctor who told me it was probably a chemical pregnancy. I am sure you have read about that, but it was the first time that I have ever heard about this. Basically, 70% of first pregnancies donâ??t last much longer than a few days. My doctor explained it to me that it is your body way to do a 'dry run' of implantation before it happens for good. Our tests are so sensitive these days that they catch a chemical pregnancy before it actually happens when normally you would have never even noticed.

Although it is a horrible experience, the few good things that I took away from the experience are:
- Your know that your body is able to get pregnant! Thatâ??s huge!!!
- You have now already gone through it, so the likely hood of it happening again is reduced
- Your baby was not quite right and probably had some chromosomal issues that were not fixable.

I know it so hard, but let yourself be upset. You not only lost your little bean, but you are grieving the loss of the future you were expecting to have. Make some tea, curl up on the couch and watch a movie with your hubby. In a few days, you will feel better and you can start to look forward to the wonderful, healthy, little bean that will be in your belly soon enough.

Take care and we will be here for support.

11 years ago

Love-

Thank you SO MUCH. So sorry for your loss as well. I def appreciate all ya'lls support. This site def helps those that are new to all this understand a lot more.

User Image

11 years ago

Cruelist trick ever......
so i took an hpt today. 5 mins after i took it...... BFP!

When i went to get my phone to take a picture, the line seemed closer to the control. Weird.....but ok. So i took a pic anyways and after i came back after only a few minutes the second line had butted up directly by the first. It still stayed a perfect line. Not a smudge, but definitely unusual.
After some research i think it was a test default and some dye was running. I would upload a picture but my phone wont let me. Anybody know how to do this? I have a Droid

Talk about mood killer.....

Im buying some better brands tonight to try in the morning. Wish me luck :) im only 8 dpo so its still majorly early

11 years ago • Post starter

That is a nasty trick! I wouldnt read too much into it at thsi point. Maybe wait a few more days.

I got my HCG levels back. 44 at 12DPO. It is low enought that my doctor is concerned and I am getting sent back to do addtional tests tomorrow.

Argh this is heart breaking!!!! I just want this little bean to be safe and sound. I am really hoping that my results come back with nice high numbers tomorrow.

Please wish me luck.... I need it

and Sanders, feel free to email me the photo heather@ts.bc.ca

11 years ago

FX Sanders & Love! I'm sure you are both on pins and needles! xo

User Image

11 years ago

Thank goodness! My HCG levels tripled in the last 48hrs. I guess I was a late bloomer.

Sanders- any tests today?

Firsttimer- when do you ovulate next?

11 years ago

Love- yay! That is so good to hear! Congrats :) BFN today. Still only 9 dpo. I am starting to have normal pre af feelings tho. Im due to start next friday and my crampy bloated feelings usually start 5-6 days before..... and thats how ive felt today. We'll see how it turns out in a few days!

Trying- have u tested yet? I got a bfn yesterday and im waiting til tomorrow after work tomorrow to test again. AF symptoms are here though. I think im out :(

I am very excited to TTC my first child. I m/c a month ago and it was devistating. My husband has three children from a previous marriage, so I am a step-mother. I love the three of them very much. But there is nothing like having one of your own.

I have always wanted to have a child, and now the time has come to try again. Prayers and good thoughts.

I also pray you and your husband get a BFP soon.

11 years ago

So sorry for your loss Harvey :(
Good luck to you and your husband! What day are you in your cycle now?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo