Community post

Discussion

How often does everyone 'BD' when TTC? Taking concensus!

View Full Post

Hi out there in baby land. Ok so, I am wondering how often all you ladies out there are BD when TTC?

I am a busy stay at home mom of 1 right now, a 20 month old, and even though I know I should probably be getting busy more often to increase my chances of conceiving #2... I am just not always in the mood! Even though I want another very badly. If you are a busy mom already you know how it is....you're tired a lot. On avg during my fertile week, the hubby and I are doing it twice....on the most fertile days. Not enough, right?

Got preg with my first very fast, on the 2nd try.....but I wasnt a tired out mom of a toddler then and I think we did it every day or at least every other day during my fertile week. Feel like I need to get back on the ball....

Anyone else going thru this?

29 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 29 of 29 Replies

Thanks for the advice! I have always had good fertile cm except for the last cycle I was randomly vey dry. I think I will try the supplements. I've been trying not to drink so much caffeine and drink more water and eat super healthy. I love my morning coffee though and can't give it up! We had a chem preg the first month trying so I actually think that is a positive because at least I know we are capable of conceiving! Plus we have 1 child already. I think I have also been off on my o date and I know 2 of the months we did not BD on the right days...so...I'm confident it will happen! Next cycle I plan on BDing once a day from cd 10-15 then there will be no way for us to miss o! I have a pretty reg cycle 26-28 days. It is so frustrating though...feels like forever :(

11 years ago

Too funny...we sound the same. I also have 1 child and have a regular 26 day cycle haha! Yeah, it will definitely happen soon for you! I was actually nervous about coffee because i too desperately need it in the morning to get going. With my first i totally gave up caffeine...none allowed, and i thought maybe that helped me conceive quickly...but this time i didnt give it up, just cut down a tad. Cut down to 1 cup a day rather than 2, and sometimes i would just do only half the cup with coffee and the rest milk so i could still have 2 cups a day. It satisfied and stil felt like i was having just as much. Plus, no caffeine withdrawal headaches like with my first preg! So, def keep the coffee if you need it, just in moderation. I duno how much you need a day, but my little trick works if you need at least 2 like i did!

I had what id consider a normal amount of CM...but seriously, once i was taking the coral calcium supplements along with my prenatal vit, i could def tell a difference on fertile days! If you try it, i did 'fertile CM' i guess is the brand. Just google it. I got mine from a preggy website. Warning though...they smell like sulfer when you open the bottle LOL. Hardboiled egg. I was surprised by it..just to warn you. They dont taste like anything though. Just guzzle with water. The kind i got said to take 3 a day, one with each meal...soi followed. I took them right up til a day or two before AF was due.

But yah if you BD every day from 10-15 you will be sure not to miss O and have as many swimmers in there as possible!!

Again good luck, and keep me posted! :)

11 years ago • Post starter

we do it everyday, other than maybe a day or two and when af shows up. during ovulation i try for a couple times a day. if there is no bfp this month then i am going to attempt to do it several times a day during the big o

User Image

11 years ago

Good luck to you babydestiny! We were doing it every other day on my most fertile days, and on O day, and it worked. We got pregnant this cycle! Good luck to you and I hope you get your bfp soon, too!! :)

hey! Question for you about the fertile cm....I bought it and started taking it right away (at least 2 a day sometimes forgot the 3rd) but did you notice more cm in general your entire cycle or just when you would have normally had cm? I had a weird cycle this month...I finally detected my lh surge on cd 16 (very late for me I always detect between cd 11-13) and think I ovulated the next day on cd 17 - I am now 4 dpo today. 2 WW AGAIN and not feeling good about this month because we bd cd 10, 11, 13, 14 and 17 (after I figured out I was late with o) ugh so frustrating because I thought I had it all down to a science and then this late o really threw me off. Anyway I was still getting stretchy cm like 2 days ago and I'm on cd 21 now and usually have a 26-28 day cycle. Is this normal? And did you just keep taking it until you got your bfp?

11 years ago

Hi there. I started taking the fertile cm right at the end of my last cycle before i got pregnant. I did not notice a change in cm quantity or quality until my fertile period. It became very noticeably different than it had been during my previous cycle....ew consistency and more of it, definitely during my fertile days.

I took it right up until the day before i got my bfp...just because i figure any little guys still swimming around in there would have the help from the correct consistency of cm to get to the egg. Also the bottle does say to keep taking it every day til you get a bfp.

I also tracked ov with opks to pinpoint it. If you dont get your bfp this cycle, try that next time in addition to the fertile cm supplements. That way you know which days are best to bed. Or better yet...just try to bd every other day and you cant possibly miss it! :)

Good luck to you!!

Ok thx! I'm going to just keep on taking it everyday through to next cycle if this one did not work. I have noticed a huge difference as well. Also bd'ing every other day from cd 10-18 so we DO NOT miss it! I think we are getting real close to nailing this lol. Last cycle before we go to dr and get everything checked out I decided!

11 years ago

I understand I have a 14 month old little girl who takes up a lot of my time and energy. Now that we are actively trying we BD everyday the week that I'm the most fertile. A few times a week on the other weeks but just cause were really ready for our next little bundle of joy were making it happen. Even if its just a super quickie to get those swimmers in there! LOL hope this helps. Always looking for a ttc buddy!

11 years ago

hello we are trying for number 3 and i have a 14 month and 4 month old so i know how it feel to be so tired we were doing the 3+1 method but went 9 days without bd but finally got a chance today so hopefully everything works this month for us

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo