Community post

Discussion

TTC after LEEP procedure..any succees stories?

Hi there. I am turning 32 tomorrow and my husband and I have a 20 month old son. We were spoiled a little because we conceived him very quickly only 1 month trying, next cycle we got pregnant. TTC a second child now for two months...just got AF and am a bit bummed. I know every pregnancy differs, and its only been 2 months, which isnt long at all. I know I shouldnt expect to conceive as quickly as we did the first time since that isnt the norm...but cant help having that come to mind whenever i am in the two week wait. Timed 'the deed' on 2 of my most fertile days this past cycle, eating a balanced diet, only have a cup or two of coffee a day and i dont drink soda or eat much chocolate so my caffeine intake shouldnt affect things much...but who knows. Dont use lube which i know can destroy sperm unless you use Preseed. Anyway...i had LEEP done in April and fully healed before TTC. My cycles have always been very very regular every 26 days and right on queue AF arrives every month before and after the procedure. Luckily i had a very small area of abnormal cells removed in an otherwise 'very healthy cervix', according to my doc....so i dont know that LEEP would affect anything negatively in my case...but you never know.

I am wondering if anyone else out there in TTC-land has had LEEP, or knows someone who had LEEP done, and went on to conceive relatively quickly? I am hoping and praying for another baby, soon.

The only differences between my first time TTC and now are that i had LEEP, and last time around i did cut caffeine out completely...NO coffee or tea at all when TTC...which i paid for with massive migraines, believe me. This time i am still drinking coffee, but like i said only one or two cups a day. Cutting down to a cup a day now, and hope to reduce to every other day or switch to decafe so that my body doesnt go into shock. Also going to start fertile CM vits tomorrow...because i had read that LEEP can affect or limit your fertile CM that help the little swimmers get to the egg safely. I also take a full prenatal vit with DHA, which i did last time as well.

Well, that is my little TTC short story. I would love to hear from anyone who has gone thru this procedure, or knows someone who has, and gone on to conceive fairly quickly.

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I'm very new to this board, TTC #3 also had a leep about 2.5yrs ago right after #2.

We got pg both times immediately. Actually first was a wonderful surprise, #2 was month 1.

Now, I am on our first month of TTC and feels like AF is about to arrive (due in 1 or 2 days). I have a little concern about the leep as well. Especially since getting pg was always so easy for us. I have lots of success stories after a leep and my doctor also assured me that she really doesn't see any issue with ttc and pg in general with her leep patients.

So where I don't have a success story YET! Know that we are in a similar boat. Personally, I am trying not to worry too much about it or read into it too much...stress is no good for TTC!

GL and keep me posted please!

11 years ago

Well it is good to know i am not alone in this situation! Reassuring to hear you have heard success stories, too. Good luck to you also and i will definitely keep posted! You do th same!! :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies,

I had LEEP surgery 6 months before TTC#1 and we fell pregnant our very first month of trying :)

We are also TTC#2 at the moment and currently 4DPO. It is our 4th month of trying and we have done everything right - pretty much the same as you!

It only took one month to fall pregnant with our daughter so I guess I was assuming the same thing would happen this time...

So I don't think LEEP will cause any problems - I really hope next month is the month for you! Good luck x

11 years ago

Wow that is great to hear! Very encouraging!! :)

I hope this is the month for you, too!

Funny...I am 3 DPO today, so it sounds like we are close to the same place in our cycles as well. Good luck to you and lots of prayers that we get BFPs!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo