Community post

Discussion

I'm pregnant and in shock! What worked for me...

If you have read some of my other posts you know my little story, but to recap...I am 32, I have a 21 month old little boy, and my husband and I have been TTC number 2 since May, after I underwent LEEP procedure at the end of April. Having conceived my son very quickly (on my second cycle), i thought for sure I wouldn't be as lucky to have it happen quickly this time around...especially having had LEEP procedure. I have a very regular 26 day cycle and am never late. Got BFN in May and June and was very diappointed. As AF neared this cycle, I became more and more sure I was going to get my period and a BFN again if i tested early, so i didnt bother. Well...my period was due yesterday and didnt come. I still felt like it might come though so i waited and when it didnt come this morning, i tested for the heck of it. Got a faint...but very there...pink line! BFP!!! I was shaking because i really didnt think it would happen. I am so excited and i plan to continue testing a few more times to see that line get darker over the next few days.

I want to share what worked for me and what I did differently this cycle. I have been taking prenatal vits for months, but this past cycle I added fertile CM coral calcium supplements 3 times a day. I also have been eating loads of healthy fish....sardines and salmon! Drinking tons of water, and eating lots of raw fruits and veggies (got the nutribullet juicer) and i juice anywhere from 1-3 times a day with veggies and fruit. I used OPKs for the first time ever to pinpoint my actual ovulation and it turned out it did happen right around the day it was predicted to. We BD every other day leading up to OV and the day of (4 times this cycle). I noticed a definite difference in my cm consistency...it was more abundant and eggwhite consistency on the days we BD...i am thanking my diet and the coral calcium supplements for that. Good luck to everyone else out there and i hope you get your BFPs soon too!! :)

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Thanks so much for posting this! It's so lovely to hear people's success stories. Often we just hear that people are praying for a BFP then they disappear!

User Image

11 years ago

I agree...it is always nice to read success stories. They give people hope and i think it is important to share the excitement and just the triumph of finally getting your bfp. Anything that works for me, i am more than happy to share what i did or changed in my life that i honestly feel helped me to achieve this goal-so it can potentially help someone else get there as well. happy baby making to you all out there. Your BFPs will come soon!! :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations to you! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo