Community post

Success story

Pregnant 3 months after LEEP procedure!

I am a 32 year old mom to a 21 month old little boy. My husband and I were talking about trying for number 2 so I went off the pill at the end of March and had a routine OBGYN visit to discuss conceiving. Had a pap just to get it done with for the year and results came back abnormal. Abnormal cells.....biopsy...and results were not good, pre cancerous cells! Ugh :( though only a small area of abnormal cells in an otherwise healthy cervix...My doc recommended i have LEEP at the end of April 2012 to remove the top layer of cervical cells and start fresh. Of course reading up on it, i discovered as with most things there were risks involved...including problems carrying another child to term due to cervical weakening, and even infertility in rare cases. Of course I had concerns and in the back of my mind worried i wouldnt be able to conceive easily again.,.if at all.

Well i am happy to report that after 3 months TTC since the procedure, i am pregnant! :) I had been religiously taking prenatal vits with DHA for months, and also eating healthy...lots of omega 3 rich foods like salmon and sardines, fresh fruits and veggies, and added fertile cm coral calcium supplements to my routine in an attempt to boost my cervical mucous quantity and quality. Due to LEEP which can cause a more acidic environment...not swimmer friendly! (it def worked btw)! drank lots of water, lowered caffeine intake by splitting my coffee half and half with milk to stretch it further.

I feel very blessed to be pregnant again, and so soon. It feels surreal. I am due at the end of March or early April 2013! Cant wait for the months ahead, for my belly to grow, for my son to witness it and come to know that his little brother or sister is growng in there and will soon make our family of 3 a family of 4! :)

My advice:
Number 1-dont stress! It will happen!! Drink lots of water and less caffeine. Eat healthy as often as you can (i highly recommend getting your omega 3 thru healthy fish like sardines and salmon...or if you cant stomach fish, take a supplement)! Take prenatals with DHA. If you feel like you dont have enough moisture during your fertile days...i recommend coral calcium supplements!! They really worked for me. Lastly (and this goes back to number 1...not stressing) dont psych yourself and set up for disappointment by testing too early! Wait til you miss aunt flo. I feel like there is no bigger letdown than getting your hopes up, reading into symptoms, and testing days before AF only to get neg results followed swiftly by aunt flo rearing her ugly red head! Keep in your mind that while it may seem like it is taking forever every month you try, it is normal for it to take 6 months to a year. If you go into it with that in mind, you wont be as let down..and in fact may be surprised and more happy if it happens sooner!

Good luck to all of you out there! It will happen for you soon!!! :)

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo