Community post

Question

HSG Questions

I'm getting my HSG done next week.

1. When do you find out your results? How quickly?

2. What happens if tubes are blocked? What's the next step?

3. If the HSG clears up any blockage, since my OBGYN prescribed me Clomid to induce super ovulation (as I already ovulate regularly) do I have an even higher chance of twins?

4. Ibuprofen or Tylenol? Which is better to take beforehand?

5. If HSG says everything is normal (as all my other tests were so normal my doc doesn't even think I still have PCOS), then what's next? (So far I've had bloodwork and ultrasound, as well as sperm analysis for my husband. All normal.)

7 Answers • 2 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Update: I'm pregnant!!! Seems like the HSG did something!

2 years ago • Post starter

Sorry I can’t answer your questions very well... I had a friend who underwent the procedure. She said she was quite crampy afterwards but manageable. She also got pregnant quickly afterwards so hopefully you will find the same.

:

2 years ago

Thank you, Rosehill. I'm so anxious. I hear so many stories of women getting pregnant right after the HSG. I really hope so!

I did mine in 2012, so it's been a few years since. And I live in Sweden so the protocol might be different. I answered the quiestions I could answer.

1. When do you find out your results? How quickly?
They told me right away during the procedure that it looked just fine and again when I talked to the doctor once it was done.

4. Ibuprofen or Tylenol? Which is better to take beforehand?
I was told to take an Ibuprofen 1 hour before. For me the procedure were completely painless. I felt absolutely nothing. The one I remember the most is that they told me that the fluids would come out a little at a time, but for me all came out at once so if felt like I peed myself.

5. If HSG says everything is normal (as all my other tests were so normal my doc doesn't even think I still have PCOS), then what's next? (So far I've had bloodwork and ultrasound, as well as sperm analysis for my husband. All normal.)
For us, we were told that everything looked fine and they didn't see anything that would make conceving on our own difficult. My husbands sperm analysis came back with a lower % of motile sperm than normal, but instead he had like triple the normal amount of sperm. So we were told to try on our own for 6 more month and if we didn't conceive on our own then we would go forward with IVF. We didn't have to since I got pregnant with our son the same cycle.

User image

2 years ago

Thank you, Pandorica. I'm glad to hear how it worked for you! So nervous, can't wait for it to just be over already!

Well, it's done. :) It wasn't painful at all, although I am a little crampy now.

Everything was perfect. So infertility still unexplained. Even my PCOS might have been misdiagnosed.

So, not sure how I'm feeling right about now.

Wow-so glad it’s over for you. That is very good news. I know “unexplained” can be frustrating but hopefully you will be happily surprised soon. Best of luck

:

2 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo