Community post

Question

Cabaser high prolactin

I tried to go through the discussions and questions regarding the matter "infertility caused by high prolactin." So I was diagnosed in November, had a brain MRI to exclude a pituitary tumor and now started cabergoline medication two weeks ago with a dose of 0,5mg per week. Is here anyone who would have experience of high prolactin and how "fast" the medication started to work?

My levels were high enough to cause lactation (without a baby or previous pregnancies) but I still am ovulating (irregularly) and having periods (1-2 days minor bleeding.) I suspect that the prolactin decreases estrogen and progesterone, causing problems with uterine lining thickness, delayed ovulation and luteal phase.

Edit. We´ve TTC for a year now, hope this is "all" that needs to be fixed...

1 Answer • 3 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Sorry for all your trouble, and I wish I could help. We've been trying for our last child for 5 years now. Hang in there and I hope you get you issues under control!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo