Community post

Question

5 weeks pregnant and got a gush of blood?

Hey so I've finally got a BFP after 3 years of trying and had a miscarriage 2 years ago at 8 weeks. I'm 5weeks and 2 days but today I was sitting at the computer and got a gush of blood. Enough to soak through. In like 5 hours since I havnt filled a pad. It was bright pink too. Has this happened to anyone else? I know it could be the start of a miscarriage but I havnt experienced this before.

8 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

It could be the start of miscarriage, but I also know several people who have had bleeding like that around the same time and continued on to have a healthy pregnancy. I hope this is the case for you!

User image

3 years ago

Still waiting to see. I've just had brown spotting since. Have doctors appointment today. I had a massive subcronic haematoma with last pregnancy so could have been that again.

3 years ago • Post starter

I’ll be thinking of you and watching for your update!

User image

3 years ago

Nothing exciting had blood taken and will get an appointment soon for early scan clinic. So just to wait and see ????

Hope all is well! Will they have you repeat bloods to check for progression?

User image

3 years ago

Nothing was said about it anyways. But I'd say depends on what the hospital thinks if I get more bleeding I can go straight to the emergency room but will get appointment for pretty soon. He didn't seam to worried about it. Also when he done the pregnancy test it was positive straight away and really strong which he was happy with.

Awesome! Hopefully it is just early pregnancy bleeding and won’t be an issue! I’m glad your dr doesn’t appear concerned at all! Keep the updates coming- I will be thinking of you!

User image

3 years ago

So had a scan and not looking too good. I should be 8 weeks but measuring 5.4 weeks so have to go back next week for another scan to see. Also would have been twins. As it would be second miscarriage I will get sent for tests too.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo