Community post

Question

IUI consult set for 9/23 Not sure what to expect

Just want to hear other people’s experience with IUI from start to finish including procedure...whether it be female or male factor and their outcome I had my run up for fertility and checked out A-ok. Well over a year TTC and obviously no luck yet. And insightful info would be appreciated. Also, if you wouldn’t mind sharing the out of pocket cost so I can brace myself Yea, our insurance doesn’t cover IUI or IVF

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I paid $650 or $700 for my iui. Ours was out of pocket too. We just tried once with no luck. Sometimes it takes more than 1 try. I know a few people who had luck on the second and 3rd try, and some have had success with the 1st try. It really just varies. We had tried for 3 years before doing this. And we decided to try naturally again after that. I think 8 months later we fell pregnant out of nowhere without any fertility meds or anything. It took is 4 years to get pregnant with our daughter and have been trying for #2 for 14 months. It is definitely worth a shot. Make sure they are monitoring closely. I went in on CD 12 and my follicles were already 22mm I think they were too big already. I think I ovulated the next day and they didn't do the iui till the day after. And they didn't do an ultrasound to see?

Mill

4 years ago

@mill if you were 22mm you were fine they will do the IUI with a follicle up to 32mm

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo