Community post

Question

Best Time to Take OPK?

This is my first time trying OPKs. I'm only on CD 5 so I'm not expecting much in the way of lines yet! I was just wondering when you think is the best time of day to take it? Do you need to do it more than one per day? Any tips I should know about?

7 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I normally ovulate between CD15 to CD19. That being the case i start doing OPK twice a day (once with FMU and once when i get home from work) starting on CD10. If i see fertile CM before that i will start testing it earlier. I have seen the surge both with am and pm tests so that's why i always do both. It helps to have tracked for a few cycles to get an idea of when your window usually is. Also you should know that LH surge predicts ovulation will occur sometime in the future. In my case, i usually ovulate the same day as peak OPK, but some people get their surge 1-2 days before actual ovulation. Again, tracking your cycle for a few months will help you pin point. Also the only way to confirm ovulation has occurred and on which day is to BBT so you will need to also track your temp to confirm O day. Good luck!

5 years ago

Thank you! I'm pretty sure I ovulate because I get the CM and ovulation pains each month around day 10 or 11. I've been pregnant 3 times and never really had to try. I did look back on a chart I did when I got pregnant with my youngest who is 4. We had sex only one day on day 11 and that resulted in her being conceived lol. I'm just older now so I want to get pregnant sooner rather than later so I thought I'd try the strips. If it doesn't happen soon, I'll start charting!

5 years ago • Post starter

Hi!! I totally agree with everything Lissa said. I also get my positive opk the same day of the peak and I find that testing twice a day, once with fmu and one in the evening is the best way to be sure that you haven’t missed your surge. I get ovulation pains 2-3 days before my positive opk so I know that I should test if I forget. As far as I know most women get O pains before the surge and even some days after. This happened to me also so try not to read into O pains like is happening now. Hope I helped! Good luck

User image

5 years ago

@Alexplpl thanks for the tip! I'm pretty excited to actually see a line on something even if it isn't a pregnancy test

I must be one of the rare few that doesn't get any O pains. I have no idea what that feels like! Good luck to you Jessica!

5 years ago

Keep in mind that your BEST chance to conceive is the day BEFORE you ovulate. Sperm already waiting on the egg have proven to be more viable pregnancies. IF you BD at least every other day the week leading to ovulation, You'll increase your odds. Also, don't get up to clean up. Don't get up at all. In fact, if you can prop a pillow or something to encourage gravity to help the process, you'll increase your odds. People think I'm nuts but I had 3 babies in 5 years and then went 10 years without birth control and didn't conceive. I understand the process better than most.

5 years ago

I had 3 babies in 6 years and 2 out of the 3 were on CD 11 that we had sex. The 3rd was super early in my cycle and a pull out. Surprise!

I think my SO would look at me funny if I propped myself up on a pillow! He doesn't even want me to let him know I'm ovulating because it takes the fun out of it and puts too much pressure on him. I just have to initiate sex when I think it's time. It's only our second month trying so I'm not ready to worry just yet!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo