Community post

Question

Basal temperature can anyone help or share their experience thanks.

Hello, i was just wondering what should your basal temperature be 1,2 days after ovulation? Should it be up or down? And what does it mean when its up just after ovulation like a day or two. Mine has been up since my ovulation day which is aprox 2 days ago. It been 37.8 goes down 37.5 but it still up for me could anyone share their thoughts? Thanks.

6 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

After your period and till the day of ovulation, your BBT may range but it’s lower than after ovulation. The day after you ovulate, you should see your BBT rise for at least 3 days in a row, which should last until your next period. (You may notice your temperature occasionally spiking on other days, but if it doesn't stay up, you probably haven't ovulated yet.) If you become pregnant, your temperature will stay elevated throughout your pregnancy but if you didn’t, your temp will drop again and a new cycle will begin.

User image

5 years ago

Thank you for replying. It has been up for 2 days now so after 3 days if it drops it means i havent conceived ?

5 years ago • Post starter

If it stays up for 3 days it means that you have already ovulated. If for example on your ovulation day your temp was 36C, the next 3 days shouldn’t drop lower that’s this. But to confirm ovulation you must check other data too like your CM or confirm it with ovulation tests. If your temperature drops it doesn’t necessarily means that you haven’t conceived, it just might means that you haven’t yet ovulate. Have you confirm your ovulation with anything else other than your temperature? I mean you said you ovulated 1 or 2 days ago. How did you confirm that?

User image

5 years ago

With ovulation tests and an app ive got on my phone. The day i was supposed ovulate my temperature was 36 and the following day it went up to 37.5 37.8 and its stayed like that for the next day too. And also had ewcm.Thank you for your replies it really helped .

So you had 3 days of increased temperature and you had already confirmed it by opks. Seems you’re just entered your two week wait phase and you’re now 3dpo(days past ovulation). Around 6-12dpo if you got pregnant this cycle, implantation will occur. If you indeed conceived your temperature will stay up and your period will not come. Now it’s too early to make a prediction based on your body temperature.Hope I helped. I wish you the best

User image

5 years ago • Edited

Thank you so much

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo