Community post

Question

Chicken pox and tww

I have unconfirmed chicken pox I’ve had them before as a kid, anyway just my luck to be a medical miracle in the tww for ivf cycle #6 ! So my question is anyone had this experience in their tww and everything was okay? Still bfn/ vvvvvvvvfl

6 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

We had a bout of what we called "chicken pox" in our house in August. My DH had it as a kid, but we were positive that it was the pox again. He had a fever, cold symptoms, body aches, and of course, pox all over! We argued with people that said that it was impossible to get it twice, because we were so sure! After laying low for a week so as to not infect anyone else, he finally saw the doctor. It wasn't chicken pox. He had had a fever/cold/flu that just happened to line up with him having a reaction to something. We never figured out exactly what caused them, but they looked like text-book pox. They even behaved the same way i.e. opening, oozing, and then scabing over. The doctor figured it was some sort of bug bite situation all over his body, but there was no way to be sure after the fact. The doctor also said that it is highly unlikely/nearly impossible to get chicken pox twice, which is what everyone kept telling us. I guess once you have it, your body makes an immunity. He told us that unless you have an immune system disorder, you typically have this immunity for life. If the virus attacks you again, it is usually shingles, which doesn't look like pox and is VERY painful. In fact our friend had shingles during this time and it was so different.

I say this to comfort you. Especially since you say it is unconfirmed. I don't know if chicken pox would be dangerous during your TWW, but it may not be chicken pox at all!

5 years ago

That is so reassuring LadyMae,
I’m hoping I’m not a medical miracle! :

5 years ago • Post starter

Swabs neg for varicella yay! Could be coxsarkie which is a concern but, not super - causes heart problems

I'm happy for you that it isn't chicken pox!

There are a few different strains of the coxsackie virus. I tested postive for type B a few years ago, which can lead to an infection in your heart, but it worked out ok for me. I was sick for like 6 months or more; I have a weakened immune system though. It isn't common to be sick for so long I don't think.

Type A is the one that causes the hand foot and mouth (the sores that can look like chicken pox but are usually only on those area) and is super common! I did a little bit of research and it seems like it is most dangerous at the end of pregnancy. I think the TWW is probably an ok time to have that if you're going to have it during your pregnancy, if that makes sense.

I hope it all works out for you!

5 years ago

Thanks LadyMae for your replies ??????????????????????

How did it go? You feeling better now?

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo