Community post

Question

What could it be?

Hello,

I gave birth June of last year and I went straight onto the nexaplanon, I had it removed the 1st of this month. Still not had AF or any kind of bleeding whatsoever. I have been getting milky discharge and then I had a blob of gooey clear discharge that looked like glue with tint of yellow (sorry tmi) I have been getting pinching pains in my right hip and I woke up today with a bad pain in my back near kidney, I haven't got a kidney infection as I know what that is due to intensive care two years ago. I have tried OPK tests but were negative. Does anyone know what this could be? Ovulation or something else? I do remember having these symptoms when I was pregnant last time but I am not so sure if it's pregnancy or not this time, I took a pregnancy test the other day which was negative. I don't know when to take another one as I don't know where I am in my cycle. Sorry for the long post.

Mummy to Aliza ♥? 09/06/2017 Henry 05/02/2020

2 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

The thing is that using CM as a sign only works in context. For example, if you knew what your CM was like through your whole cycle then you would be able to say "oh yeah this is ovulation" or "this is different CM than I usually have at this many days DPO." So really it can only help you so much.
The pain is also something that can be hard to know not in context. Could it be ovulation will be happening soon? Is it a cyst? Are you newly pregnant?

I wish I could help, but realistically it could be so many thing or combination of things. The month after hormonal birth control is so hard to chart even if you were checking your CM every day, temping, and using OPKs. It just isn't a normal cycle most of the time. After I had my IUD out, I bled for 3 straight weeks, a heavy period bleeding. I ovulated a week after the bleeding, which was a whole month after it was removed. I got my AF 2 weeks after that. So that cycle was 6 weeks long and nothing was when I thought it would. Immediately after that cycle though, things became regular, different than before BC, but a strong pattern.

Best of luck! I hope you get your answers soon. Sorry I couldn't offer more concrete answers.

5 years ago

No, thank you for your reply, yeah it's difficult to know where I am in my cycle as newly coming off the nexaplanon. I just thought it was impossible to ovulate so soon after removal without a period but I have heard some women have been caught straigh after removal without a period also. I think only time will tell. Hopefully it's just my body getting back to normality after birth and contraceptives. Thank you!

Mummy to Aliza ♥? 09/06/2017 Henry 05/02/2020

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo