Community post

Question

Cold/ Flu during TWW mean BFP or BFN?

Sep 3: Immune response before ovulation (sore lymph nodes in groin)

Sep 7-9: Positive opk, and lower back pain only on right side for the 7th. Stopped taking OPKs sunday afternoon cause they started to stress me out. Me and hubs BD (baby dance (sex))

Sep 9-12: Nasal Congestion and Runny Nose (Dr.Gooogle says Hormonal Rhinitis). Me and Hubs BD (baby dance (sex)) monday.

Sep 12-13: Dull pinging lower back pain only on right side for wednesday and thursday. Wednesday Rhinits finishing up then Thursday Negative OPK (ovulation predictor kit) and rhinitis gone me and hubs BD.

Sep 14-17 (Today): Cold/ flu symtpoms, coughing w/ mucus, breathing issues with not getting enough air or it being hard to breath in while sleeping regardless of the position i sleep in, woozy feeling in head like coming off of anesthesia. I thought the cough was just mucus from the rhinitis but its a separate cold so I started taking vicks and cough drops.

I looked online to see what it meant to get a cold/flu/ sick in TWW and majority of people got BFPs. Starting today Sep 17th the cold is finally starting to go away I dont have the breathing issue anymore but still coughing now i have this dry mouth and metallic taste but I dont trust those 2 symptoms cause I've had them in previous AF (Aunt Flo - menstruation/period) cycles so yah.

Did anyone get sick/ cold/ flu early in their TWW and it turned into a BFP? I feel like Im going crazy cause of course theres always gonna be those 1-20%-ers where they got sick but were pregnant and I dont mind hearing from yall too but I also want to know if anyone got back to back sickness like i did and it ended in BFP!!

*Apparently the immune system lowers during the TWW to allow the fertilized egg to implant so its not attacked by the body*.

*SAPPHIRELEVAOU<3*

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I did get a cold around my BFP, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with pregnancy. I don't think you can count any symptoms as pregnancy symptoms until implantation happens and then it takes a couple of days for hormones to build up. I would say wait until you are at least 10DPO to start noticing symptoms.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo