Community post

Question

Two FRERs, same urine, different results?

Hi, I’d appreciate any input if someone has also experienced this.. or just has something to offer. Yesterday morning dipped a FRER into my FMU and got a clear, faint positive, no squinter there. I was super shocked because I’m a nutcase and was testing at only 5 dpo. So I opened a new box of FRERs to do a second test in the same urine sample, and nothing! Then followed by various other tests and all negative. Because of seeing that 1st positive I was then inclined to repeat tests throughout the day at different times and all still negative, which I would expect at 5dpo! I saw some extremely faint lines on some Osom tests but nothing that I would consider even a faint bfp.

I’m just extremely confused as to why that first FRER turned positive? I can add that the + one came from a drugstore that I bought in person (it was the last one from that box), the others were from Amazon. Could they vary in sensitivity from batch to batch that much? Or possible to get a bad test that throws a false positive?

I do understand that the clear answer is to NOT test at 5 dpo lol, but I did, and this happened, so here I am! Any input is appreciated .. good or bad :). Thanks!

6 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

This is a pic of the test from yesterday, there is definitely color to the line, it appeared at 2 minutes.

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

Hello, If you read the reviews for the FRER test on the Amazon website, lots of reviews say that they don't think the tests they got from Amazon are the real FRER ones. A lot of people say they are not legit and look a little different. Not sure that's true but I'd definitely get some more tests at the drugstore and test again in a day or 2. Good luck!

5 years ago

This has happened to me too- quite a few times in fact. I’ve always purchased FRER from the local pharmacy so they’re genuine however I do tend to get false positives with these. Even after having a glaring pink one, my blood was negative xx

xx

5 years ago

Pretty sure I got a false positive frer the other day. I don’t know what happened to these, they used to be the best. Now they are junk-at least if you are testing early

5 years ago

Its almost impossible to get a positive hcg test at 5dpo unless you got your ovulation wrong. Implantation doesnt happen until 6dpo at the earliest, typically its around 9-12dpo. Then another 2 days for hcg to double...if you had 1hcg, that puts you at 2hcg...still too low to register on a hpt. So im guessing it qas a false positive. Perhaps the amazon test was in the batch that ive read about being fake FRERs? Id definitely wait a week and try testing again with a test from a local store.

5 years ago

That test was from last month and it was most definitely a false positive! It gave me all kinds of false hope though, I must say. The line showed up quickly and was prominent, I didn’t have to twist and turn it for just the right light to let my brain fabricate a line like I usually do lol. It was a bummer and the lesson is not to test so early, but here I am at 6dpo the following month, and yes, I have tested already. I’ve come to grips with my habit and am ok with it ... I just don’t tell too many people!

Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts and experiences, I appreciate it!!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo