Community post

Discussion

I'm about to give up..

I'm sorry for weeping, but I'm finding it super hard to keep my head high. My husband and I got pregnant in January, and lost it in May. It was such a let down. I felt like I was a failure. We went home from the hospital, and started trying again. Of course the loss affected us, but at the same time we were ready to get pregnant again. I didn't expect much of a fight, because we tried 1 month the first time.
Its my third cycle of trying now, and I'm loosing faith in this. I'm 24 years old and my husband is 25 years old.
I'm becoming a test monster, and I'm so frustrated to see one negativ home pregnancy test after another. Why isn't it happening? Can I even get pregnant again?

I'm sure I'm not alone, so hit me with your stories - good and bad.

6 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi there! I am new to posting. This is actually my first one, but I am in a similar situation. I hope what I say is okay, but.... I became pregnant December and MC in March. I was devastated. We are TTC now as well.. And I go through dozen of tests and feel like I am losing my mind. I am 13 dpo and keep getting a negative and it is so frustrating! Af is suppose to atart tonight or tomorrow and I am just dreading it already, feeling powerless sometimes. But, hopefully we will both get our rainbow baby soon! I will pray for you!

5 years ago

Hi!
I'm sorry to read about your situation. It's not an easy thing to deal with when you MC, and you start to wonder if you did something wrong during pregnancy - but of cource we didn't!
I am currently 8 DPO and I'm just hoping hoping HOPING that we get lucky this time.
I'll pray for you also!

5 years ago • Post starter

I am sorry for your loss.

Here are the facts. It is completely normal for your average healthy couple with no fertility issues to take up to 12 months to conceive. I realise when you are trying to conceive and living it, that 3 months feels like a really long time. But in terms of TTC it really is not very long.

During those three months you ovulated approximately 3 times, each egg was viable for 12 to 24 hours. That was 3 days during that time when you could have conceived, It's not a very big window of opportunity. So please dont get discouraged.

I have 3 children from 7 pregnancies. I have no chill when it comes to TTC, so understand your frustration. I find using OPKs to track my cycle helps me feel more in control. Are you using OPKs or temping to track your cycle?

<a href=

5 years ago

First, let me just say, sorry for your loss and it really, really sucks. Also, I want to tell you that I have had MANY chemical pregnancies (going through one currently) and two later miscarriages. My last miscarriage was at 13weeks and had no symptoms so, it was like someone pulled the rug out from under us. It took us 2yrs. after that loss to conceive again and, she will be 2 in Oct. You hear all these things about relaxing and not worrying and, I just think that honestly you shouldn't listen to ANY of it. You are allowed to worry and feel bad and grieve and whatever else you need to do (Including peeing on a thousand tests if thats's what you want to do).And, if you're ready to try again right away, that's okay too. Having children is an emotional roller coaster from the moment you start thinking about it, right up until they are moving out on their own and beyond. I just want you, and any other lady out there who might read this, to know that, no, you are not alone. And, though many of you have not yet held your babies in your arms, you have held them in your hearts and that, my dear, makes you already a mother! I wish you nothing but the best and you need to know that whether or not you continue on your TTC journey does NOT determine your worth as a person or mother. So, you keep that head of yours up!

5 years ago

Thank you all for writing such encouraging posts! It helps!
I'm sorry to hear about your losses. But I'm happy to hear that the MC didn't prevent you from having a baby later on. I hope we'll be lucky some time soon.

Leftylu32, thank you for this sentence:"And, though many of you have not yet held your babies in your arms, you have held them in your hearts and that, my dear, makes you already a mother!" - that is beutiful! It's also something you really need to hear when you have had a MC.
And thank you for making me feel like its OK to just TTC in my own way by testing much. My friends say:"Calm down, it will happen when you expect it the least, drink some wine and relax" and it doesn't make me calm. I get so frustrated because that is so easy for them to say. But now I'll do it my way and hopefully I'll be looking at a positive pregnancy test soon..

I hope the best for all of you!

Mistique - I am attempting to track my cycle by logging symptoms and such everyday to get a better understanding of my cycle and as you say, take controle. I found this website very helpfull, because it tells me when to test and so on. I have been tracking my cycle for 3-4 months now. I tried using ovulation tests one month, but my husband felt like everything got to scheduled, so I decided to just be more aware of when my ovulation took place.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo