Community post

Question

Clearblue digital dual hormone ovulation tests

Okay, we've been using the dual hormone tests from clear blue this cycle along with pre seed and bd-in when he comes home, but the last three days I've used the tests it had a solid circle (negative) which is fine because I just wanted to test to see when my fertile peek starts and ends and nd when ovulation Happens, so this morning I took one (around 10 or 11 am) and it was still solid circle, even though today is supposed to be my peek.... so thought morning is probably the wrong time to test, so took another one about 20-30 minutes ago and was expecting another solid circle or a blink smiley face.... only to get a solid smiley face.... I'm totally confused... three days of circles and another one this morning and then bam... solid smiley...

My question is... can clear blue digital dual hormone ovulation test's give false positive results. . Because everyone has a peek right. .. I just find it totally strange that I haven't had mine... any thoughts or ideas on how to test properly or what times are best and what not would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance and gl all the ladies ttc-ing

user submitted image

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I usually get empty circle for a day or two then flashing smiley for 4-6 days before peak.
I always use fmu when testing. Got my peak today and confirmed it on a cheap dip stick.

Don't know if that helps at all x

5 years ago

Thanks for reply. I read on some forums that some women skip flashing/peek all together and have a solid smiley/ovulation. .. but I can always test tomorrow and see. Thanks for the advice DeeDee89 xoxo

5 years ago • Post starter

I did them for 2 cycles. Stopped using them all together and just went with FRER ovulation tests. Reason being I would get 1 solid and 1 flashing. Never a heads up so was confused. With lines I can see my progression.. so I kind of know when ovulation is coming. But everyone is different. Another person on here used it and would get 4 days solid smiley and then a flashing smiley. Best of luck hope you catch the egg!

5 years ago • Edited

No problem Katrina_381, hope you get your soon!

5 years ago

Beaut1ful38. Yeah! This is only the third time over the past few years of trying that I've used these, but the last times I used them I definitely remember getting solid circles, then like 4-5 days flashing smileys then a solid smiley. Only this time completely blew my mind. So I'm gonna test again tomorrow at 4pm to see what's what... also as for the line opk's, because of my pcos I can't rely on them because I rarely get negatives. Even when on af I get positives... so I've stopped those and opted for the cb digital... but these are just as confusing lol. Least we bded for a few days... so I'm hoping I'm covered until I get home Monday :) thanks for response :)

And DeeDee89, here's hoping for both of our bfp's soon :) xoxo

Thanks ladies for helping me out, means a lot. Baby dust to us all and sticky vibe's too xoxo

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo