Community post

Discussion

Irregular cycles/ttc

Anyone have/had irregular cycles and has any tips or success stories??
My cycles vary from 31-50+ days (I’m on day 55 now for the first time but dr acted like I was just overreacting when I asked for help) how do/did people manage to pinpoint ovulation and how do/did you manage ttc? It’s been a long 9 months so any help would be appreciated

User image

6 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Well, my first suggestion would be to gets some ovulation prediction strips and see what that may tell you. I would also suggest a few months of temping to see what pattern if any your body follows. By the time a couple has been ttc for a year, an obgyn will usually start testing hormone levels throughout your cycle to see whats going on. If i were you, i would just try the temping and opks for a few months and that may do the trick.

5 years ago

Thank you, I’ll give that a go this month and see how it goes. I’m hoping I’ll see some sort of pattern as it’s driving me mental and having no regulation with my cycles is so difficult x

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Hi! I’m in the same boat as you! The only rhyme or reason to my cycles is the TWW symptoms. I can always tell I’ve O’d when my breasts start to feel strange and I know a tenderness/pain is on the way.
I’ve tried OPKs inconsistently. That’s difficult for me because I’ve heard you’re supposed to test mid-day when LH is highest, but I drink too much liquid throughout the day and my pee gets too diluted.
I also temp which has worked so well for me! You might consider that. Some people believe that you need to do it at the exact same time every day, but I follow the rule that it just needs to be after 6 hours of sleep (I can’t always make myself maintain a sleep schedule lol).
Anyway, I have recently been to an OBGYN to get my blood work done, we did the CD19 which I think was 2dpo. She also gave me a list of vitamins that should help regulate our cycles:
Prenatals, obviously
Vitex (chasteberry)
Isotinol
NAC
Metabolic xtra

I hope this helps!

Here’s a link to the handout she gave me, which explains what those vitamins are supposed to do
https://www.pureencapsulations.com/media/wysiwyg/pure_cms_images/protocols/PureWomanProtocol2_OvarianHealthOnPgr_2017_FIN.pdf

5 years ago

Mrsbulter thank you! I’ll have a read through that... I’m on CD4 now and at drs Friday so hopefully they can arrange bloods and we can get some answers! I’m the same I only know I O’d when I have my 2ww symptoms and this cycle I didn’t get breast tenderness til literally 3 days pre period so think it was annovulatory this cycle unfortunately :/ but onto the next cycle and fingers crossed for both of us! Xx

User image

Nim, I’m on CD2 so we can discuss O symptoms when we get there. I’ve had a few cycles where my breast pain didn’t come on immediately after O. Even this last cycle CTP moved the estimated O date to two days after my breast pain showed full strength? Any thoughts about that?
Oh, and like I’m used to, AF showed 15 days after the breast pain started.

5 years ago • Edited

Definitely! I’m trying doing bbt and going to pick up a few opk’s this month to see if they show anything.. my breast pain on last cycle was so odd, literally 2/3 days pre AF. Wish I’d of had that! How you getting on this cycle?

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo