Community post

Discussion

How long ttc?

Hey all.
So I’ve been off this for a month as was worried that I was reading too much into stuff so took a month off everything.
This month marks 6 months ttc and I just wondered how long people have ttc for??

With my first she took me by surprise and happened when I wasn’t trying so not used to ttc... I’m 24 and dtd regularly, generally quite healthy! My periods were 30 day cycles but last month was 2 weeks late (lots of bfn) then had a longer AF than normal (7 days instead of 4) and I am now 37 days into this cycle but bfn today so not sure if my cycle has shifted....
But back to original point - how long have people been ttc and anyone in a similar situ? Would be nice to meet some people with similar experiences :) x

User image

5 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

For #1 i tried 4 years with pcos and on clomid. #2 4 months with no problems. #3 2months #4 3 months after chemical in month 1. I guess its different for everyone and think better to relax. But been told that after a year you can contact doctor as better to check whats wrong. If thats any help.

6 years ago

With my first pregnancy of actively trying it took 3 months. This pregnancy it took 8 months of actively trying and I was trying all sorts of things this time to get pregnant.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Thank you both! Got everything crossed. I try not to stress but it’s hard when trying not knowing what to expect ????
Wish our bodies would give us more of a hint hehe

User image

6 years ago • Post starter

I'm sorry about your unsuccessful TTC. I've also faced problems with conceiving and I know how you feel now. I understand that this is really hard to move on when nothing works for you. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to fasten the process. But don't be harsh with yourself. Just give yourself some time. We were TTC for 8 years. This process can take even more time. Remember that you have a family which needs you. So don't put your TTC in the center of your life, because it won't let you to enjoy it. Don't give up and keep trying! I wish you all the best, dear!

5 years ago

Thank you norrinn, I’m going to docs tomorrow as still no luck. I had a cyst on my ovaries a year ago so gonna see if they can check everything... lots of people have mentioned clomid too so gonna ask about that. Cycles still irregular *argh frustrating* been trying not to over focus on it & just enjoying it as it comes x

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo