Community post

Question

What's going on?

First off, please no rude comments... I came to this website after leaving babycenter due to all of the snarky women on there. My last period was April 24. The ONLY time I could have conceived would've been May 4-5. My cycles vary from 28-35 days so I don't always ovulate when I'm "supposed" to. 2 weeks after sex I started noticing symptoms. On May 22 I experienced VERY light bleeding, almost like spotting, for 2 days. No period. No bright red blood. It was a deep pink/peach almost color. Tested every day to every other day from May 21-29 and got all negatives. On 2 Walmart first signal tests I thought what I got were VERY faint positive results AFTER time frame but then tested negative on first response and digitals so I assumed they were just evaps. Now I'm fatigued all the time even though I get 8 hours of sleep every night and my back is KILLING me. I don't know what could be going on. I have lots of medical bills piled up right now so I don't wanna go to the doctor if I don't have to, especially since I haven't seen a positive test. I guess my question is has ANYONE ever tested negative until past the 5 weeks mark? I'd be about 5 weeks if I were pregnant. I don't FEEL pregnant... these symptoms are just definitely out of the ordinary for me. The last time I tested was yesterday morning with first morning urine on a first response and got a negative.

7 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

When you say you could only have conceived on may 4-5, do you mean that's when you BD? It's possible to conceive for 5 days or so after that. So maybe you ovulated later than you think? You would still expect a positive by now, but there are cases where hcg rises less slowly.

5 years ago

Yes. Those two days were the only days we had sex. It's very possible that I ovulated late but I'd still expect to see a blazing positive by now. It's just so strange.

5 years ago • Post starter

Bump

Did your last period start or end on April 24th?
If it started on the 24th and your longest cycle is 35 days that puts you around 2 days late, so you may be pregnant but as gigi00 said it's possible to have a slow HCG rise.

It's harder to say since the date of ovulation is unknown

5 years ago

It started on the 24. And then May 22 I had that light spotting for 2 days and then nothing... I guess I will just wait a week and test again

When your ovulation is unknown or changes from cycle to cycle the testing once a week method is a good one. My twin sister is still breastfeeding and that's what her obgyn recommended. If you do get a positive they will do a dating scan since your LMP wont work for dating a pregnancy.

5 years ago

Yeah the only thing that would be understandable is if I had had sex multiple times this month but I only had sex May 4-5 so that's the ONLY time I could have conceived.. so it's just a tricky situation

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo