Community post

Journal

Ferning / Negative OPK

I'm so excited! I got my first full ferning today! Ive been using OPK's and checking for ferning and all the OPK's have been negative, like I didn't even use them.

I'm glad I decided to try both methods or I think I would have been frustrated with the lack of a line on the OPK's. The ferning gave me something to fall back on and I've seen the progress with it.

Yay!!

user submitted image

5 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

Progression

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

Didn't test with OPK today on cycle day 11. Suppose to ovulate on cycle day 13.

user submitted image

Can you explain to me what you’re doing please? I’m interested hahaha

5 years ago

Of course! So basically I'm looking at my dried saliva under a microscope. I bought a $10 pocket microscope from Amazon and some slides (you can buy Fertile Focus which a microscope made specifically for ferning, but the pocket microscope was cheaper). The crystals in your salivia dry in different patterns based on what part of your cycle you are in. The most "Fern" like pattern, the closer to ovulation you are. It's caused by the surge of estrogen before ovulation.

Wow never heard of that! Let me know how you go.. I will research it more xx

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo