Community post

Question

I'm being a wimp! 18dpo, scared to test!!

Hi, it's my first time posting!!
I'm 18dpo now, 5days late, a couple of small symptoms, hard to tell if af is just round the corner.
I am the epitome of clockwork normally!
28-30day cycles, I normally come on the exact day I'm due, and remain on between 5-6 days.
My DH and I have been TTC for the last few months, and every time, af has arrived dead on time. But not this time!
I don't temp, but think I ovulated on or around the 7th May, my LMP was 23rd April..
I'm too scared to test!! Wimp I know! I just can't deal with seeing another BFN!!
Advice needed please!

4 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Hi there! I was in your situation the first time my husband and I were trying. All I can remember is not being able to lie on my stomach because it hurt so much. The day AF was supposed to show, I had a ton of cramping and I would keep running to the bathroom to see if my period started but nothing. For the next few days I had a ton of cramping and still no period. I finally took the test around 5 or 6 days as hubby kept asking me if my girlfriend showed up. Test came back with two lines and I just starred at it. Even took a test in the afternoon. Do you check cervix at all as I know you don't temp?

User image[/url]

5 years ago

I've had a couple of symptoms, but I don't know if that witch is just round the corner and playing tricks on me. I think that's why I don't want to take a test! I really don't want to see a BFN..
I've had cramping like af is coming but of course she doesn't.. I'm the same! Running to the bathroom every ten minutes to see if she's reared her ugly head!
I don't check my cervix, no. DH and I were just trying to do the whole "if it happens, it happens" thing as to not make me stress out over it.. But it doesn't work! Haha!

5 years ago • Post starter

No it doesn't work as it's the anticipation of not knowing. I hope what you are experiencing is good news and you get your BFP when it comes time to testing.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Thank you... Some women "feel" pregnant.. I dont know if that's what I feel but I certainly feel different.. Might have to suck it up and test!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo