Community post

Discussion

Feeling sad today

It took us over a year, three chemicals, and a missed miscarriage to get pregnant with my two-year-old son. Now, we’ve been trying for baby number 2 for six months. spot-on bd timing. Using OPK’s and tracking temps. The temp decrease today has me feeling sad. I know it’s not over until af shows in a few days but I have a sinking feeling that I’m out this month.

I forgot what an emotional toll this whole process takes. I swore I wouldn’t get to me the second time around. But I’m catching myself slipping into the same cycle. Needing that control. Questioning every little sign and symptom. Testing over and over again, seeing lines that aren’t really there. Wondering what I’m doing wrong or if I could be doing something better.

user submitted image

3 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I totally understand how you feel - however much I tell myself I am just going to be chilled about the whole situation I can’t help symptom spotting, online searching and then a huge emotional dip when my period appears! I have 2 girls aged nearly 13 and 11, the eldest was conceived 8 weeks after a mmc at 11 weeks having ttc for 5 months and the second was conceived without even trying which was a shock! My new partner and I have been trying to conceive for 15 months, during which time we have had 2 chemical pregnancies and a mmc at 11 weeks back in January. It is so emotionally draining - I see-saw from being really positive one day to feeling completely negative the next and thinking that at 42 I am being totally ridiculous in even trying. I am now 12 dpo and have had a faint positive yesterday and today - part of me is cautiously optimistic and the other part is wondering if I am just inline for more heartache? Hope you get your bfp soon xx

6 years ago

Congratulations, love!

6 years ago • Post starter

I am 52, wondering what the heck I am thinking. I am 10 days late and have had the symptoms and had IB before period. I have had symptoms since and all I get is negative. I tried the FRER Ilost count since I started 6 days before expected period, Dollar store walmart's Equate that already had seen the blue line for negative not positive before I even took the test. :( Not sure if test faulty or what. EPT had same blue dye showing you can see it right out of package for the negative sign before I even tested and the control for both you could see the blue dye line. I have to wait for insurance card. I just recently got insurance. Having the symptoms and seeing little girls and pregnant moms at work and then get negative tests are taking its toll big time. I already have had the name for the little girl for over 3 years. Read the story of one lady that wrote the bible study I was in, had a still birth :( Her daughter's name is similar to the one I chose for mine. Except spelling of first name and I have an extra name for my daughter's first name. The rest was the same, my heart sunk.

Hopingforbaby1, I pray you get a positive soon and kifo as well, You both have healthy little ones. I know the ache. It took 5 years to get pregnant with my first son who is now 23. The second one I got pregnant when the first one was 9 months old. I was 28/going on 29 with the first. He came a month before I turned 29. I was 30 when the second was born.

Shelly User image

6 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo