Community post

Question

Heavy pelvic pressure. 15dpo (I think) but multiple BFNs. Should I be worried?

Hey guys! First time posting, I'll try and make it quick.

I've been experiencing pelvic pressure for about 4 days now, but have taken numerous pregnancy tests (dollar store and 2 first response tests) and they are all negatives.

What DPO am I you ask? TRYING to make a long story short, I'll say I have been assuming I ovulated on February 25th. When I first got my period as a teen they were regular for a good while, then they were irregular, then I remember just not getting them. I was worried at the time, but my doctor told me not to worry, but I ended up going on birth control because I was worried and because entering college soon I hoped to be sexually active lol so figured I should be on it anyways. I was on it ever since. I stopped taking birth control November 17th, got a period a couple days later and one the month after (December 17th), and have had none since.

I have such a poor memory, but while I just learned I was reading my ovulation tests wrong, I DO vaguely recall during one of the past months one of my tests having a clear dark line, meaning I was DEFINITELY ovulation. My point being I DO ovulate (I've been estimating I do every month around the 21st). I had an exam last month with a new doctor (seeing as how we're TTC I figured I should become familiar with someone) and he ran the usual tests and even tho I hadn't had my period for a couple months I wasn't pregnant.

I am totally guessing on my ovulation date, but like I said I'm going off of February 25th, which means today I'm DPO 16. I'm having this pelvic pressure, but negative pregnancy tests. I called to make an appt with my doctor today, but he's out of town, so I won't see him another 7 days.

OK SO MY QUESTION: Should I be worried and go to the ER/get examined? My irregular period history makes me so nervous something is wrong although I'm in NO pain! Absolutely none at all. Just very uncomfortable pressure. I'm still able to workout, have sex, etc. It's more noticeable when I'm sitting and the other night when I'm sleeping. I have NO other pregnancy symptoms (maybe a bit tired?). I'm going to test on Sunday, the day before my appt, but no matter how much I google I can't find anyone whose going through what I am exactly, and it's driving me insane so I thought I'd take it to a message board.

The ONLY medical "issue" I've had in this regard is one time in HS I had an ovarian cyst burst. It was painful, and I couldn't stand. I went to the ER, they made sure it was flushed out, examined me, and said everything looked good.

I concede I could have miscalculated my ovulation date, but then wouldn't my pregnancy tests be positive by now if it is pregnancy? Am I missing something? Everyone I googled either already got a BFP, had pain and realized something was wrong (which isn't the case with me), or got pelvic pressure but WEEKS later and of course by then they also had a BFP sooo yea.

Sorry, I know this was a novel. Thanks!

5 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

*BUMP*

also, I keep feeling like I need to be all the time, moreso than usual because of the pressure. Pressure wasn't as strong today! once or twice I thought I've felt something like a cramp, but not sure it'd worth mentioning.

6 years ago • Post starter

I wish I had an answer but unfortunately I am literally in the same boat as you. Pelvic pressure/heaviness. AND we are actually right around the same frame in our cycle. I can't seem to get my stuff properly fixed on here but my menstrual app says I ovulated on the 26th making my fertile days the 23-28 of Feb.
I hope we both can get some answers asap. I have read some ladies getting to 23dpo and just getting their bfp. So fingers crossed!

*Summer*

6 years ago

Today when I used the bathroom I had watery like cm with a hint of brown, so that kinda made me nervous but idk what to think. I have tested twice so far. My cycle is usually 28-31 days. Has been exactly 28 the past few cycles. So I waited and test on cd30 with an equate (Walmart brand) test and got a bfn. Then today, cd32 I used a dollar tree test and also got a bfn. If af doesn't show I may buy a different kind of test. I am just not sure which one. I used a clear blue digital before back in 2010 when I suspected I was pregnant and got an instant bfp, but sadly no more than 7 hours later I started bleeding, left work and rushed to the ER to confirm a miscarriage :( breaks my heart to this day.
I have not been ttc but we have not been preventing either.

*Summer*

6 years ago • Edited

Could you have a UTI as sometimes that can cause a pressure feeling ..could be that you ovulated later than you think ..the 10mui and frer are your best bet if your going to test early ..do you have any other symptoms ..the spotting brown may actually be implantation so testing 4-6 days after will give u the BFP if it is x

6 years ago

Thanks for replying Summer, makes me feel not as alone! So the pressure has been gone for about 2 days now, or at least it's definitely not as strong as it was. So now I really have no clue lol. I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage you had though, I can't even imagine! And yes as mememe said that may actually be spotting!

I'm scheduled to see my doctor Monday. I know he said to give it six months of trying, but with the way everything is going (no consistent periods, the pressure I was feeling, etc.) I really would like a more thorough exam just to make sure there's nothing wrong. I haven't had any other symptoms (no spotting, sore boobs, etc.) other than just feeling tired.

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo