Community post

Question

Early pregnancy cramping

Hi ladies
I'm 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. Been getting positives since this day last week. All tests getting darker and my cb digital has went from 1-2 to 2-3. However I do have a history of mc so I'm freaking out a little with every twinge. This is my 7th pregnancy I've had 3 horrific losses and 3 beautiful children to remind me all this is worth it in the end. With all my other pregnancies I've had practically no symptoms slightly tired and boobs kinda sore. This pregnancy however I have every symptom under the sun that are on and off which in itself makes me worry. I've been having some cramping mainly af type back cramping and pelvis. Not excruciating but noticeable. Also it's not constant it comes and goes. I'm extremely bloated but not constipated, the opposite in fact (tmi sorry) . Is cramping a normal symptom around this time. I'm so nervous from previous mcs every time I go to the bathroom I'm expecting the worst. I haven't poas since yesterday when I got 2-3 weeks on cb digital. Doc appointment on Monday hoping I make it until then.

7 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Hi there! Truely sorry to hear about the losses. I had my first daughter March 2016 and now pregnant with my second and I cramped a lot during the first little while making me think that AF is coming. But I heard it is normal because our bodies have been pregnant before and that symptoms will happen quicker than first time pregnant moms. Hope this helps.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

hey guys
i'm 4 weeks and a bit as well. the line is getting darker and darker on different tests. i always have a light cramping. today i woke up with pink discharge ( runny blood type ) . should i be concerned?

User image

6 years ago

Hello, I am also 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have been having off and on cramping for pretty much the last 2 weeks. I would stress myself out every time it happened but now after reading so much and hearing other people talk about it, I think it is pretty common.

6 years ago

Drakedasy so sorry for your loses. i think unfortunately best to speak to your doctor. Everyone is different and pregnancies may differ from one another too. I had some cramping at the begining and still have a bit now and then at 8+5 had even a bleeding and baby seems fine. Hope its a bit reassuring but you know your body best. Try to relax and if you really concerned of pain being to bad go emergency.

6 years ago

Thanks ladies for the advice. My mind is a bit more at ease now. I did call my gp and they said it's completely normal. Woke up this morning with extremely painful breasts and nausea. So a nice reminder that I'm still pregnant. I did poas also to put my mind at ease and the line is way darker than 2 days ago. I'm going to stop testing now though. I'm seeing my gp on Monday who will make an appointment at the early pregnant unit for me. I'll get a scan hopefully late next week so will keep you all posted. Thanks again

6 years ago • Post starter

You’ll be fine momma, I know these first few weeks are so hard to relax. Hang in there

6 years ago

Just wanted to post an update. I had really bad cramping Sunday night but I waited until Monday to see my gp who sent me to the hospital. They thought it was ectopic and kept me in overnight to do a vaginal ultrasound as they couldn't see anything on abdominal ultrasound. So today I had my scan and Drs are really happy. We saw a gestational sac and yolk sac and what looks like the start of my little bean just too early to tell. Have to go back in 2 weeks to see heartbeat hopefully. Pain I was having was kidney stones and I also had a ruptured ovarian cyst.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo