Community post

Success story

Hope My Story Helps You!

Hi Everyone - I found out today that I am prego and thought I'd share the journey in hopes that it will bring comfort and information for those out there trying to conceive. With my first pregnancy, it took my husband and I 3 tries and during those 90 days, I literally "stalked" this site. Same goes for my second pregnancy. It was extremely helpful and therapeutic to read others' stories.

I used the ClearBlue Easy Ovulation Predictor for all 3 tries this go around. For those of you who don't know about this tool, result options are: empty circle (low fertility), flashing smiley face (high fertility), and static smiley face (peak fertility).

Our first time trying in June 2016, I went from an empty circle on one day.... to a static circle the next day (day 14 of cycle). Needless to say, we did the duty on the day we saw the static smiley face and it didn't work. Our second time trying in July 2016, I got the flashing smiley face for 2 days, as well as the static one. Due to scheduling conflicts we could only do the duty once and did so when I got the static smiley face. (day 14 of cycle)... and it didn't work. Our third time, the husband and I did the duty 4 times and THAT seemed to do the trick.

After going through the process and reading tons of articles/blogs/stories, I really felt like the "peak" fertility time (your ovulation day) is too late. The 4 times we did it were all well before the ovulation day and that worked in our favor...

Here is how it all worked out:

8/11 - Period
8/20 - Had Sex; light CM (empty circle on ClearBlue Ovulation Predictor; I knew this was probably too early but I had to do something different this time around)
8/22 - Had Sex; light CM (empty circle on ClearBlue Ovulation Predictor; Decided to do it this day in case my body decided to ovulate early)
8/25 - This was suppose to be my ovulation day but the ClearBlue Ovulation Predictor showed the flashing smiley face instead of the static one. I was surprised. Had Sex; light CM
8/26 - Still Flashing Smily Face; No Sex; light CM; I was late ovulating by 1 day.
8/27 - STILL Flashing Smily Face; Had Sex; eggwhite CM. There was a huge difference between today and the last 7 days regarding the CM. There was a "gush" of it that came out and so I had a feeling THAT was a big sign to me. 2 days late for ovulating.
8/28 - STILL Flashing Smily Face; No Sex; moderate CM; 3 days late for ovulating.
8/29 - FINALLY got a Static Smiley Face on day 19 of my cycle which meant it was my ovulation day; I thought this was odd given the prior 2 months and my O day always falling on the 14th. Talk about a curve ball! Our schedules did not work out so we did not have sex on this day.
1 DPO - No symptoms
2 DPO - No symptoms
3 DPO - No symptoms
4 DPO - Period-like cramps that evening, fatigue, and sore boobs; remember lying in bed wondering if the cramping would ever "let up". Was not sharp pains but a dull/constant cramping like what I feel the day before my period. I also did feel some twitching on my left side pelvis. Sore bbs are a part of my cycle every month so thought nothing of it.
5 DPO - Negative Test - Sore bbs. Sore bbs are a part of my cycle every month so thought nothing of it.
6 DPO - Negative Test - Sore bbs, faint shooting sensations in bbs (THIS was different than in previous months), and "twitches" in pelvis.
7 DPO - Positive Test on a cheapo pregnancy strip. It was a super faint line. A bit light-headed today, fatigued, metallic taste in mouth, sore bbs, faint shooting sensation in bbs, and "twitches" in pelvis.

Good luck to everyone out there. The gush of CM I think was my biggest indicator that it was time to do the duty. I recommend not thinking of your O day as always the 14th day of your cycle... buy a kit that helps you determine your fertility window and have sex 2 days BEFORE you ovulate.

0 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo