Community post

Success story

after 10 months of ttc. here's what really works.

My hubby and i ttc for 10 months and like many of you I tried almost everything I read on here without success until a friend told me about Vitex/chaste berry tree. She had ttc for two years and after taking Vitex for two months she got her bfp!. And believe me I researched Vitex like crazy before I took it. Research says it can take up to 3 months for it to balance your reproductive hormones and for you to get pregnant. For me it took one month each time I got pregnant.
So here's what i did: says to take 1000mg of Vitex daily, (some women take half in morning and half 12 hours later but I personally took it all at once in the morning and it worked just fine), and use Clear Blue Digital Ovulation test. Yes I know it's more expensive but it's worth it. I used the one that says Highest 4 days of fertility and on my first pregnancy it actually read 5 top days and the next 7 top days. In which I realized I was probably off just a little bit on the other tests you have to interpret yourselve. Fertility isn't black and white and this test not only took the grey out, it helped make the process less stressful.
I won't bore you with details of the symptoms I felt each day bc like you may have experienced there were months I was sure I was pregnant and then was let down. So when I finally was pregnant I tried to ignore any symptoms I had bc I didn't want to put my hopes up. Only prominent thing I can remember mild cramps and then a bfp. And with the first pregnancy I felt tender nipple before the bfp and with the next pregnancy only sore boobs but after I already had bfp. Also very light bfp at 10 DO for both with first response and the Internet strips.
One more thing. I recommend you do your own research on whether you want to keep taking Vitex after you get your bfp. My good friend stopped taking it as soon as she got her bfp and went on to have a healthy baby. I on the other hand, stopped taking it at 6 weeks when I had my first OB apt and was told to but ended up having a miscarriage. Blood Work showed my progesterone had tanked after that. (However I had already taken just progesterone at other ttc month and did not get pregnant that month SO in my opinion progesterone was not just the oroblem). So this round of my pregnancy I plan to take Vitex until at least week 20 but that will later be determined. My OB and I have decided to take blood tests more often and go from there.
I really hope this helps you. I know how horrible it feels to hope and hope and drive yourself crazy trying pineapple, all kinds of vitamins etc without any success. Oh and yes I have been taking prenatal for months now along with maca 500 MG. First bfp took maca daily and this time just a few times a week. I consider it more of a supplement now. Good luck!

0 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo