Community post

Success story

Glory be to God! I'm pregnant!

Hi everyone. I have been checking out the TTC sites for a while now, and I promised myself and God that I would post my story when I got my bfp, so here goes!

I got married in August 2012 and my husband and I have basically been TTC ever since then. There were a few bumps in the road for us though. First, I took depo to prevent pregnancy before I got married, and it really screwed up my cycle. I only took 2 shots , May 2012 and August 2012, but my period would remain irregular until 9/2013! Second bump in the road, my husband and I are currently in different states for job training, and when my periods finally did come back, many times we weren't together to DTD when I was ovulating. As you can imagine, this was pretty frustrating. When we first started trying, I was stalking many sites like this, charting my cycles like a mad woman, and basically drove myself crazy! Finally, in July of 2013, I said enough is enough. I decided to stop going crazy and just let it be. My husband and I just enjoyed one another. You can imagine my excitement when my period finally became normal again in September 2013...I mean I could pinpoint exactly when it was coming every month, exactly 34 days from the last one. But,that excitement was coupled with dissatisfaction. You see, for the months of September, october, and November, my husband and I saw plenty of each other, just not during my fertile window, because of our work schedules. Yet again. I decided not to go to crazy, I mean, after all...I was just ecstatic my periods were back to normal. I could tell I was ovulating based on my symptoms each month, so I didn't even bother using OPKs. Well, come December 2013, we were finally together during that fertile window, and we DTD a lot! Haha...Fast forward to January now, and I started to notice some symptoms that indicated I might be pregnant. Well, I noticed one main symptom: breast pain. I typically get breast pain a week before my period, and it just about goes away a day before my period get here, but this pain was much more intense, and didn't go away like expected. At this point, I prayed and prayed that we finally got it. I know there's only a 25% chance of getting pregnant each cycle, and this was technically only our first cycle together during ovulation, but I prayed and prayed we got it...I went to work as usual and just carried on as if nothing was going on, but I kept that prayer in my heart. Day 34, no AF...day 35 still no sign of her...day 36, still nothing! I decided to wait until 5 days late (today) to test, all the while still praying. Finally worked up the nerve to test this afternoon...BFP!! I used the FRER test. God answers prayers ladies...keep hope alive..

0 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo