Community post

Success story

TTC #1 after mc at 6 weeks.

Hi everyone. I would just like to add my ttc story and I hope it gives hope to others who are trying to conceive. Sorry it is such a long story but the last couple of months have been such a roller coaster ride.

My husband and I decided we would start trying for a baby in April 2012. At first we decided not to use any charts etc and just see what happened as we weren't in too much of a rush. I was almost 33 and DH was 30. We got married in September 2011 after being together for 7 years.

After a year went by with no luck I decided to go to the doctor to find out if there was any reason why we had not conceived yet. I had always had irregular periods and they could range anywhere between 35-50 days. No two were same. The doctor took blood tests to check hormone levels, these all came back normal. I had already decided to buy OPKs to try and the doctor advised trying them for a few months and come back if there was no success.

We managed to conceive within the first month of using them. Oh how I wished I had used them sooner. On the day I got my very first BFP I called the doctor in tears and got an appointment that afternoon to have the pregnancy confirmed. I can't tell you how excited DH and I were.

Two weeks later we went to Mexico on holiday and two days in to the holiday I started to spot dark red/brown. Just kept hoping everything would be ok as the spotting was quite light. Unfortunately as the days passed it only got worse and I finally had a natural miscarriage. DH and I were devastated.

Went back to doctor when we came home and the doctor confirmed the loss and was confident all the tissue had passed normally since the bleeding had stopped. Advised us to wait 2-3 months before TTC. It was very difficult cancelling my first scan and midwife appointment that was waiting for me when we arrived home. We were really looking forward to seeing our baby for the first time.

I had my first period since the miscarriage on 25th June and I started using OPKs again just to monitor my cycle. So started on 7th July for a few days all were very -ve so I assumed I would be having a usual long cycle. Stopped testing for a couple of days and re-started a few days later.

After a couple weeks or so of constant negatives I started to think as soon as I got a positive OPK then we should start TTC again. Wasn't expecting to get a +ve until 4 weeks after my period anyway as that is usual for my cycles. Finally I got a +ve OPK on 26th July. We had been BD-ing regularly during the month but after the +ve OPK we had been BD-ing even more frequently (sorry tmi)

I had loads of internet dip strip PTs left and thought I would try one for fun. After a few minutes I could have sworn I could see a shadow of a second line but it never got any clearer so just put it down to evaporation and ignored it. My OPKs were getting stronger and stronger each day. Kept thinking of that shadow of a line I saw on the PT even though I knew I had not ovulated yet so it couldn't possibly be a BFP. Did another PT just to get rid of that nagging doubt and low and behold there was a BFP. Very strong pink line after 5 mins. Still couldn't believe what I was seeing so ended up buying a Clear Blue with conception indicator and tested the next morning. Result being Pregnant 2-3 weeks. All the +ve OPKs were really picking up the pregnancy. I can only guess I ovulated 2 weeks after my period and had my first "normal cycle" ever.

Just keep looking at the test results and shaking my head in dis-belief. Still feel a bit dazed and confused by it all and I am going to wait another week before going to the doctor for confirmation this time. Think I am too scared to get my hopes up just yet. I hope and pray this little one will stay where it's supposed to for the next nine months.

Good luck to you all TTC a baby and hope this story will give you some sort of hope.

0 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo