Community post

Journal

IVF CONSULTATION

We both decided that we would look into IVF after Christmas. I have booked an initial consultation with a private clinic near our home for the 5th of Dec and will decide were to go from there. I am nervous and excited. Worried about the process and what it involves. Will keep you updated. Any advise or questions I need to ask from anyone that has gone through it would be very welcome. TIA

UPDATE   20/02/2018
Just for anyone that is interested. My husband and I decided awhile ago that IVF was not for us, for a no of reasons. 1. our age 2. financial cost 3. emotional upset to name but a few. I am happy with our decision and I have come to terms that we will not have a baby together. we are currently NTTC and I am happy for it to stay this way as I am emotionally in a better place. we have a great happy life they way we are and I feel blessed that I have my husband, stepson and my dog in my life. Thank you for asking x
ps I have no clue how too use this site anymore :(

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

20 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 20 Comments | Last Page

Oh Gemma I'm very excited to read this! My best advice would be to just take good care of yourself, DO NOT STRESS, and take it one day at a time. Feel free to send me a message on FB or here if you have any questions, or just want to talk something through! I'm an open book. Good luck, I'll be praying for you!!!

User Image

6 years ago

Thanks Renae, I am sure closer to the time I will have loads of questions. only thing that is freaking me out now is the thoughts of having another HSG but I will cross that bridge when i come to it xx

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

6 years ago • Post starter

That's exciting! I wish we could afford that, but that was my husband's line in the sand. He won't do IVF. So glad that you are exploring that option.

6 years ago

Thank you Calvingirl,. We were very much like that too but when we looked into it and shopped around it wasn't as expensive as we initially thought!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't have to do a second HSG before my IVF. They did have me do a hysteroscopy, but I was asleep for that, so it was no big deal. I'm glad it wasn't as expensive as yall had originally thought. Ours has been more than we thought, but we know it's going to be worth it. Plus, we don't have a problem dropping that on a car or boat, so why would we think twice about spending it to have our children? Probably just because it's something most people can do for free... Oh well, I believe there's a reason for everything. Enjoy your holiday season, and relax. :)

User Image

6 years ago

That's great news! Of course, I am in your corner praying and believing for a little Christmas bean. I'm not much help with IVF advice because my only option is the old fashion way. lol....BUT I do believe healthy habits, good times, and stress free days are they way to go. Take care of yourself and think positive thoughts, literally ;-)

6 years ago

Aww this is awesome news, I cant wait til the 5th. U know I totally expect a pm about ur appt! ;)
This is great news, Gem, I'm so happy u guys are gonna keep trying. =))

6 years ago

Thanks everyone its early stages as its just a consultant but we will have the bigger picture so can decide from there :)

Very excited for you to take this next step. I do not know much about ivf but I am good at providing emotional support :) Wishing you all the best!

6 years ago

This is such great news, really glad to hear you guys are taking that step!

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo